Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Ordered new Cruiser

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Ordered new Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-19, 08:54 AM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Ordered new Cruiser

I was looking at Cruisers trying to decide on my next one , probably the last for awhile anyway .
Looked at Electras , another C1 , but in Cadet Blue ? I wanted something bright , something other than Matte Black or Matte Bark . Even my Fat Tire is a flat Titanium color . So that left out the other Electra I was looking at , the Cruiser 7D . Duplicate matte colors of what I already have .
I looked at cheaper bikes on Amazon , but just couldn’t buy something I wouldn’t ride .
I’m sort of a snob I guess when it comes to bike brands .
The other bike brand I like is Specialized , the maker of my Roll, which I consider to be a cruiser bike . A nice cruiser too . Upright comfortable riding at its best . And the trigger shifter and seven gears on my Roll have always performed better than my Electra Fat Tire .
So, I chose another Roll . But this time in a bright color . Lime Oak/green Titanium. And what a bargain IMO , at only $30 more than what an Electra 7D would cost me .
My Roll is the only bike ,where the only thing I’ve changed on it was the pedals , grips, and the saddle . It comes with huge 650x2.3 balloon tires that remind me of Maxxis Hookworms, only fatter.
Can’t wait to pick her up and add her to my collection. A stock photo until I get the real thing .

Last edited by OldCruiser; 11-21-19 at 10:58 AM.
Likes For OldCruiser:
Old 11-21-19, 01:16 PM
OldCruiser

My black Roll out for a cruise this morning.
Likes For OldCruiser:
Old 11-24-19, 02:41 AM
tim24k

Bikes: To many to list. I like them all!

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I like bright colors. It’s important to be seen while you are riding your bike. Specialized has good products. Post some pics when you take delivery.
Old 11-25-19, 04:45 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Congratulations!
Old 01-05-20, 06:34 AM
tim24k

Nice bike congratulations.
Old 01-05-20, 07:47 AM
OldCruiser

Originally Posted by tim24k
Nice bike congratulations.
Thanks , but unfortunately the bike got lost in shipping to the dealer and took over two weeks to get there . Time enough for me to change my mind .
I discovered the crank forward geometry wasn’t the best for me , so I canceled my order .
I still have my black Roll, it’s just not an everyday rider like it used to be .
I’ve been eyeing the Specialized Sirrus lately , and fixing up my Schwinn Cross bikes .
Old 01-05-20, 05:07 PM
tim24k

Originally Posted by kirby999
Thanks , but unfortunately the bike got lost in shipping to the dealer and took over two weeks to get there . Time enough for me to change my mind .
I discovered the crank forward geometry wasn’t the best for me , so I canceled my order .
I still have my black Roll, it’s just not an everyday rider like it used to be .
I’ve been eyeing the Specialized Sirrus lately , and fixing up my Schwinn Cross bikes .
That’s odd I bought a new Specialized Sirrus on sale on Black Friday weekend. I really love the bike, supper price, and very comfortable. For a aluminum frame it rides amazingly smooth. I think Specialized has a great line of quality bikes. My new Sirrus is now my third Specialized bike in my stable.
Old 01-05-20, 05:25 PM
OldCruiser

Originally Posted by tim24k
That’s odd I bought a new Specialized Sirrus on sale on Black Friday weekend. I really love the bike, supper price, and very comfortable. For a aluminum frame it rides amazingly smooth. I think Specialized has a great line of quality bikes. My new Sirrus is now my third Specialized bike in my stable.
The shop said they were waiting on four other bikes that were supposed to have been delivered when mine was . They told me they were canceling those since they were shop bikes and reordering , so I asked to cancel mine two since I’d been waiting two weeks . And they said I could . I’m glad they did .
I love Specialized bikes , but think I need a conventional crank below the seat instead of crank forward of the Roll .
I’ve been enjoying my old Schwinn Crosscut and my knees are feeling better after riding it .
They may be a Sirrus in my stable in the near future .
Old 02-11-20, 06:50 AM
laychris

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congratulations!
It looks like it's really good one! It's cool