Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

New Clyde Bike Jamis Coda 61cn

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Old 03-23-21, 04:52 AM
starkmojo
Old and in the way.

Bikes: Jamis Renegade and Kona Jake

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 23 Posts

Got my new bike after many years of wanting one. 2021 Jamis Renegade S3. Just finished the upgrades to make it work best for me. Including: New seat, 140mm stem, fenders (Oregon) bottle cages, rack, lights.

Jamis Renegade are rated for 330lbs rider/luggage combo so as long as I keep my cargo light I am good to go!
Old 03-23-21, 08:03 AM
a_d_a_m

Bikes: 2021 Kona Sutra, Ragley parts-cycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 1,242 Times in 336 Posts
My buddy (not a Clyde) just got a Renegade and I have to say, it's pretty dang nice. He said it's great on hills. If the Kona I ordered 6mos ago doesn't show up soon, I may be buying one - despite being over the weight rating, unladen.

I really like how you have yours set up!
Old 03-23-21, 01:27 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3648 Post(s)
Liked 5,382 Times in 2,732 Posts
Very nice! Might think about leveling that saddle before you try to rid it very far.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 03-23-21, 01:55 PM
starkmojo
Old and in the way.

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Very nice! Might think about leveling that saddle before you try to rid it very far.
that’s how I always keep my saddles... guess mine just hang lower than most!🤣
Likes For starkmojo:
Old 03-23-21, 06:21 PM
257 roberts

Bikes: 2008 Trek Police bike 2019 Jamis Coda Sport 2021 Surly Bridgeclub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 924 Times in 304 Posts
Nice bike....Jamis makes good bikes
Old 04-18-21, 06:49 AM
Toadmeister

Bikes: 2021 Salsa Fargo 1x12, 2019 Jamis Renegade Exploit 1x11. Motobacne NX Fat Tire

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 170 Posts
Love my steel 2019 Renegade and I’m a 6’4” 270# Clyde. Only problem I’ve had is the seat post sliding down, see my thread in this sub-forum.

I originally bought my Renegade to replace my Trek Domane Aluminum road bike, which was a torture device. The thin, high pressure wheel/tire combo on the Al frame was literally shaking me apart! The Renegades’s wider, tubeless, tires on a supple steel frame have been a godsend.

Wish I could put even wider tires on my Renegade, I’ve got some 44mm WTBs for gravel. I actually just built a Salsa Fargo with 35mm rims and 2.8” tires for rougher gravel and trail now that is almost like riding on pillows
Old 05-01-21, 10:19 AM
starkmojo
Old and in the way.

Originally Posted by Toadmeister
Love my steel 2019 Renegade and I’m a 6’4” 270# Clyde. Only problem I’ve had is the seat post sliding down, see my thread in this sub-forum.

I originally bought my Renegade to replace my Trek Domane Aluminum road bike, which was a torture device. The thin, high pressure wheel/tire combo on the Al frame was literally shaking me apart! The Renegades’s wider, tubeless, tires on a supple steel frame have been a godsend.

Wish I could put even wider tires on my Renegade, I’ve got some 44mm WTBs for gravel. I actually just built a Salsa Fargo with 35mm rims and 2.8” tires for rougher gravel and trail now that is almost like riding on pillows
I had the same seat post issue. It had a bunch of grease on it. I just wiped it off with a dry rag which leaves a thin layer. Seems to be working.
Old 06-30-21, 08:39 PM
tdipail

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 14 Posts
Its funny what works, I prefer my saddle with the opposite pitch (sloping up towards the front) and can't ride any other way.

(and mine hang pretty low too )