Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

My Next Bike

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

My Next Bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-18, 09:43 AM
DustyBottoms1

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question My Next Bike

Howdy all,

I'm currently looking at getting a new bike and could use some help. The last 4 years I've been sitting in a 2015 Specialized Tarmac Sport, and prior to that it was an Allez.

I live in NYC at the moment and I spend a good chunk of my rides on city streets, but I also make park loops, spend some time on country roads, and I partake in RAGBRAI every year.

I'm looking for a bike that's built for both speed and comfort. Possibly something with a bit more of an upright position and something that is also a little more versatile (wider tires for sure, possibly with shocks) than a standard road bike. I'm also looking to keep the drop bars too.

Ive loved my Specalized branded bikes the last 8 years and I've had my eye on the Diverge for my next rig, although I'm not sure how upright that will be. Ive been dealing with some back and shoulder problems and hunching over for hours long rides is taking it's toll on my body. Would the Diverge be a good option you think?

Any suggestions/recommendations?

LOOKING FOR:
Wider Tires
Something built for speed and comfort
A more upright position than the Tarmac Sport
Possibly with shocks
Trying to maintain the drop bar geometry
Old 07-31-18, 01:01 AM
tangerineowl

Bikes: Curve Grovel v2 ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 75 Posts
https://buy-blue.com/collections/end...ecco-ex-gravel

plus a Redshift Shock Stop stem and some Compass 700x32/35/38mm setup tubeless.

Last edited by tangerineowl; 07-31-18 at 01:04 AM. Reason: txt
Old 08-13-18, 01:00 AM
jlmonte

Bikes: Colnago Brain, Master Bi-Titanio, Vitus 979, Specialized Roubaix, Salsa Marrakesh, and a couple of Treks

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts
I picked up a Specialized Roubaix for all of the promise of comfort, and I enjoy it. I briefly looked at the Diverge, but dismissed it because I was focused on an Ultegra group road bike. This was in late 2016, and I was educating myself since my last bike purchase was back in 1997. The Roubaix and Diverge look so simular, I often had to double check what I was looking at. This is what I concluded.

The Specialized Roubaix won the one day classic, and as comfort goes, I like it. Performance on less than smooth road is great (compared to my old Ti Colnago). I think the Diverge has more utility and properly outfitted, it could have served me as a touring bike-packer. BTW, I ended up getting a Salsa Marrakesh in early 2017. In retrospect, I believe I could have gotten away with a Diverge versus the Roubaix and Marrakesh. There is a large trade space, and I enjoyed the researc. Best wishes researching your new bike.