Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi - Celeste early 1990s

Old 07-08-19, 12:32 PM
wkathym

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi - Celeste early 1990s

I bought a Bianchi celeste-colored bike sometime in the early 90's. It's been modified somewhat from the original components. Small frame, 19.5 inches-49.5cm. I am trying to determine what model it is. Have looked at many photos of vintage celeste Bianchis, but cannot find any with red in the decal. Mine seems unique. Logo is bright blue, with a red graphic block at the beginning/end of logo depending on which side viewing it at, and a very thin red line through the logo. I thought it would help for someone to know what model it is. Small frame - 19.5 inches/49/5cm. Made in Italy, rather thin Columbus tubing.

I cannot post photos until my 10th posting. Oh well.

Last edited by BillyD; 07-10-19 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-09-19, 12:26 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
The Bianchi logo with the red triangle indicates a 1988-1989 model but the heeadset, which is the only identifiable component, appears to 1984-1987 Shimano New 600EX. However, I also see black forks and stays, so it would appear to be the non-catalogued 1987-1/2 Bianchi Limited S.L. Argentin Replica. Serial number? Full, drive side photo?
Old 07-09-19, 02:20 PM
mackgoo

Bikes: 87 Bianchi X4, 95 Bianchi Ti Mega Tube, 06 Alan Carbon Cross X33, Gold plated Columbus AIR Guerciotti, 74 Galmozzi Super Competizione, 52 Bianchi Paris Roubaix.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 539 Times in 166 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
The Bianchi logo with the red triangle indicates a 1988-1989 model but the heeadset, which is the only identifiable component, appears to 1984-1987 Shimano New 600EX. However, I also see black forks and stays, so it would appear to be the non-catalogued 1987-1/2 Bianchi Limited S.L. Argentin Replica. Serial number? Full, drive side photo?
What are you basing this on?
Old 07-10-19, 03:42 PM
wkathym

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been blacklisted by the forum admin because I cannot sell bikes until my 10th post, and cannot post pictures, either.

I am not trying to sell my bike in this forum. He/she said post will be deleted--but I still see this. Oh well. Anyway, 1986 is stamped underneath. Cannot see a serial number (assuming "1986" is not it). There is a stamped number obscured by a small black plate I assume to be a cable guide. But I can see "B (dot) 7". Components are Shimano 600. Would post more pics if I could (but need 10 posts!). Yes, black fork and stays seem unique. Person who sold this to me at his bike shop about 30 years ago (we are still friends) thinks this was a Trofeo after I sent him pics (he does not have sale info), but the Trofeos I've looked at online do not have same decal (with red block/red line going through "Bianchi"), nor the black forks and stays. This is a very small frame. 19 1/2 inches. Surprised that this bike came in such a small size.
Old 07-15-19, 05:34 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Great color scheme! Like T-Mar said it is either a late 87 Limited or late ‘88 Limited. The 87 and 88 Limited both used that Formula II tubing but that color scheme was only shown on the 88 Trofeo.

My take on this is the 88 Trofeo wasn’t selling well so Bianchi stopped making them and just put the frames on the Limited production line because the Argentine color scheme was popular.

A good deep deep cleaning and tune should make this a great rider. The

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 07-16-19, 04:00 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by wkathym
I bought a Bianchi celeste-colored bike sometime in the early 90's. It's been modified somewhat from the original components. Small frame, 19.5 inches-49.5cm. I am trying to determine what model it is. Have looked at many photos of vintage celeste Bianchis, but cannot find any with red in the decal. Mine seems unique. Logo is bright blue, with a red graphic block at the beginning/end of logo depending on which side viewing it at, and a very thin red line through the logo. I thought it would help for someone to know what model it is. Small frame - 19.5 inches/49/5cm. Made in Italy, rather thin Columbus tubing.

I cannot post photos until my 10th posting. Oh well.
I posted your pics

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 07-16-19, 07:23 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 630 Posts
While full DA./600 mix there is a tome of wear on the crankset i's basically toast and the rear cog set is a cheaper used replacement. So figure under the mice pics all the stuff we don't see is similar or worse.s In its current condition I would only go $150 tops and likely just pass on this one,

Last edited by zukahn1; 07-16-19 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-18-19, 12:59 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,401 Times in 896 Posts
Originally Posted by wkathym
I have been blacklisted by the forum admin because I cannot sell bikes until my 10th post, and cannot post pictures, either.

I am not trying to sell my bike in this forum. He/she said post will be deleted--but I still see this. Oh well. Anyway, 1986 is stamped underneath. Cannot see a serial number (assuming "1986" is not it). There is a stamped number obscured by a small black plate I assume to be a cable guide. But I can see "B (dot) 7". Components are Shimano 600. Would post more pics if I could (but need 10 posts!). Yes, black fork and stays seem unique. Person who sold this to me at his bike shop about 30 years ago (we are still friends) thinks this was a Trofeo after I sent him pics (he does not have sale info), but the Trofeos I've looked at online do not have same decal (with red block/red line going through "Bianchi"), nor the black forks and stays. This is a very small frame. 19 1/2 inches. Surprised that this bike came in such a small size.
You were not blacklisted. If you were you would not be able to post here. You were just asked to follow the guidelines that you agreed to when you signed up here. We appreciate the rules being followed, Thank you!
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 07-18-19, 10:25 AM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26381 Post(s)
Liked 10,357 Times in 7,194 Posts
...since you apparently own this bike now, that observation about your chainrings is accurate. Fortunately, there are a lot of used 130BCD chainrings out there in the used parts stream, you just have to find some and replace yours. It means that, at a minimum, you need to replace the chainrings, the chain, and the rear cogs, all of which are probably worn beyond re-use.
Old 07-21-19, 06:33 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by mackgoo
What are you basing this on?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk