Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Special Thread For 50+yo Bicyclists

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Special Thread For 50+yo Bicyclists

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-05, 07:06 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 461 Times in 363 Posts
I thought there might be some interest in a thread such as this. If not, it will go the way of all threads - just die away.

So, here is my first contribution.

Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

Just turned 50 on 1/27/05

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
25 year old steel Davidson with Campy NR mix of parts.
23 year old steel Zilioli with Campy SR pantograph, columbus SL tubing. A classic high-end Italian racing bike.

A 1 week old Kuota Kharma CF bike with Campy Chorus and other Italian parts. (You get the feeling I'm biased to Italian bikes and parts?) The only thing non-Italian are the pedals (Look) and the inner tubes, even the tires are Vittoria. (Yes I know, made in Thailand, the frame is actually made in Taiwan too.) This bike is a rocket. I wish I had something like this when I was younger.

10 year old Trek 8000 mtb. All Aluminum, Shimano Deore DX components.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Say what??? I'm still as agile as ever, and faster on the bike than I ever was. No need for this stuff.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
See above.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
I bought a Peugeot PX10 when I was 15. Been riding ever since.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
Long fast rides when I have the time. Short fast rides otherwise. I went 35 miles today in 35 degree temps, and I could've gone another 35, but ran out of time.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
4-5 times a week when the daylight permits. I don't commute. I did about 2500 miles last year.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
Does chasing after twins count? If I had more time I'd ride more.

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply??

Last edited by zacster; 02-13-05 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-13-05, 07:38 PM
Lonestar1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since I post regularly in this Forum I suppose it's time to "officially" register.

I'm 50. Birthdate is in profile.

I have a 2000 year model TREK 7000 mtb (which I rarely ride anymore)
Also a 2000 yr. model TREK 2200 road bike.

I take a multi-vitamin daily. I've just sarted taking Citri-Cal.

Yes I believe I've slowed down over the years.

I've ridden on/off all my life but really seriously the last 7 years. The first 3 of those being on the mtb but I gradually drifted over to the road.

I don't exactly know how to describe my style of riding? I'd like to consider it "fast", but I'm sure that would be all relative. I like to do around 50 miles on Saturdays with weekday rides being 20-25 or so. I like doing several "organized" "charity" rides during the year as there are plenty to choose from.

I don't belong to any club so I ride 99 % solo several times a week.

Last year I had several setbacks/obstacles so I only rode just a little over 1600 miles.
The 3 previous years 3500+ each year.

I don't lift weights,run,ski or anything like that. I'm an electrician in construction so I'm on my feet all day long.
I really
Old 02-13-05, 11:42 PM
a3333f

Bikes: cervelo, independent fabrication

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am pushing 55 and have ridden for about 10 years

try to do local events and because I have time intensive job have no regular time to ride

I was thinking of a Hond Element so I could have the bike with me and inside and secure

anyone else have or thinking about Honda Element and spur of the moment biking
Old 02-14-05, 09:20 AM
ricmoore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
I thought there might be some interest in a thread such as this. If not, it will go the way of all threads - just die away.

So, here is my first contribution.

Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?

55 years old (56 on Feb 25!) I have 4 & 6 year old sons.
1) I've been riding 2nd-hand Cannondales for the last 8 years. Before that it was my 1967 Bianchi, which finally gave out after 30 years. Just ordered a Calfee (whee!! can't wait!)
2) I take CoQ10 & a daily multivitiamin/mineral from the Life Extension Foundation (Life Extension Mix)
3) Haven't slowed down, yet, but I probably should.
4) I returned to frequent riding in 1995. My knees & ankles couldn't take the stress of running & I needed the exercize.
5) I ride about 20 miles a day, during the week, rain or shine, but two months ago bought an indoor trainer so I could ride on the weekends, at night, after the kids are asleep. My regular loop is pretty flat, with a couple of short-but-steep hills thrown in to keep me honest.
6) hmmm... see 5), above... that'd work out to about 5200 miles/year (outside).
7) My local YMCA has a decent set of weight machines that I try to hit once or twice a week.
Old 02-14-05, 05:19 PM
jshultz

Bikes: Trek 7500, Bianchi Velope

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi folks, I just found this forum and expect to be on here a fair amount. Im one of those guys that biked everywhere in college, around 70 to 73, and loved it. Folded up a cheapo AMF bicylce and ended in the hopital for observation because I had blanked out the event. Switched to a schwin traveler and discovered that you really do get more bike for a little more money. Got married, got out of the habit of riding. Couple years ago bought a Trek 7500 and found out how nice bikes had become over the years. Loved the way it handled and yes at 260, the Aluminume frame and Bontregar wheels were no problem. Trouble is the bike is now at Iowa State University, hopefully getting a good education

Got the bug and plan to start commuting, always wanted to and som bike path recreational riding. Just saw a Bianchi Velope, looks to be a great bike. But open to sugestions, thinking of moving up to the trek 7700. Any way, nice to find you and if your in the West Des Moines Iowa are say hi. Especially if your un-married and open to finding a bicycle ride partner I am divorced and hoping to find someone to ride with. Catch you later.
Old 02-15-05, 06:00 AM
joeprim

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome

I like my Velope. Some folks find it slower than bikes with smaller tires but it does a lot better on dirt/gravel roads. I changed the largest cog (rear) from 32 to 34 so it is a great climer.

Joe
Old 02-16-05, 10:59 AM
Metro

Bikes: EPX 303 (You probably never heard of it)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age.

Yellow EPX 202 carbon road bike - event bike
Vintage Fuji Ace steel frame ca1975 - beater bike

Multi Vitamins, Glucosamine, Testosterone cream

Not much

Seriously since 2001 when approached by a neighbor to support her in a 350 mile charity ride. My wife of course said "Why don't you do a ride like that?" So I did and the rest is history.

mostly training (6 hour per week) and 3 to 4 organized rides per year

Already answered that.

Roller Disco, singing, tennis, golf, bomb defuser

Old 02-17-05, 06:24 PM
Artmo 

Bikes: '06 Bianchi Pista; '57 Maclean; '10 Scott CR1 Pro; 2005 Trek 2000 Tandem; '09 Comotion Macchiato Tandem; 199? Novara Road; '17 Circe Helios e-tandem:1994 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 60 Posts
I am 64.

'04 Trek 2300
'?? Trek 2500 composite-at least 8years old, I should think
'96 Cannondale Los Dos tandem
'57 Maclean (UK) Featherlight

Centrum Silver, Glucosamine, Lo-dose aspirin, Vitamin E

Quite a lot, especially on hills. I was 189lb in my prime and am now 218lb. On the flat, I can maintain 16mph without too much effort alone and in a pace line up to 20 mph wind permitting, 23 with wind assistance.

Began whan I was about 14 and rode many pleasurable miles, up to 150 mi in one day, in UK homeland. Suffered from severe asthma, and cycling was the only sport I found I could do. At 17, sold my electric trainset and bought handmade Maclean frame and built bike with TA/Campag/Weinmann components. Cycled thousands of miles on it and still have it. After marriage at age 25, did very little cycling until about 9 yr ago when a group where I worked in Atlanta organised a team to ride a Multiple Sclerosis MS 150 charity ride. I signed up, thinking I was still 19(!), and hoped this would get me back into cycling. It did, but it was a painful experience because I did hardly any training for the ride and could only complete 100 miles. I've raised over $30,000 for the MS Society.

Since that time above I've done 8 MS 150s and several centuries. I ride 2-3 times per week with a group, averaging 20 miles each ride and 16-19mph on flat terrain. On centuries I can manage 15mph over rolling terrain, riding alone, and a bit faster in Florida. My wife and I have just begun to ride our tandem again after many fits and starts and are enjoying it.

2-3 times/week. Last year, about 1,250.

Power boating, which means crawling around fixing stuff from time to time
Old 02-18-05, 07:20 PM
ravnhaus
Ravnhaus

Bikes: '05 Gary Fisher Tassajara, '94 GF Tassajara

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I turned 50 the summer of '05.
The first bike of my adult life I bought in 91. It is a GT 24" cro-moly SS cruiser custom built by LBS. I rode it off and on for a number of years and then it sat gathering dust. I brought it out of retirement a couple months ago and purchased my wife a Trek Navigator 200. We began riding the Austin TX hike and bike trails and then I started venturing towards the rougher trails. I soon reached the off road limitations of the cruiser when I busted a seat post after a very bumpy ride.
I researched MTB's and eventually decided on a Gary Fisher Tassajara (19" frame). This is the first bike I have ever had that really fits my body. I am 5'11" and kind of lanky. The Fisher geometry seemed the most comfortable for me, although I am so new at this it is sort of hard to know. Hope I chose well... so far I really like it.
I also have a Trek Mult-Tracker Hybrid (17" frame) that I rescued from my stepdaughter.
I am currently ride every day (as the weather dictates) on some trails not far from my home. A couple of times a week I do a 10 mile loop on the Town Lake hike and bike trail. I will hit some more challenging trails as my technique improves and the days get a little longer.
I got a wake up call about 7 months back when a relative had a stroke. I decided to have a physical and take stock of my health. The cholesterol was off the charts so a life style change was in order. I began walking daily and took note of all that I was eating. The doc suggested niacin, vitamins, fish oil, calcium, and aspirin. I now have lost 30 pounds and have the cholesterol almost to acceptable levels. I feel much better as well.
The walking gets old (running is too hard on my knees) so biking has been a welcome alternative. Plug the iPod in and take off down the trails... what could be better?
I feel I ride much better than I ever did as a youngster. Of course in my youth I smoked cigarets and much preferred motorcycles to self powered machines! I am much more aware and protective of my body now and it seems to respond favorably to the attention. I am in a training of sorts now so I hope I will "speed up" for a while before I slow down.
I do like to surf when I get the chance. Gulf Coast longboarding is about the extent of that and the opportunity only comes a few times a year.
Old 02-19-05, 08:02 AM
stprdr
steel lugs

Bikes: williams custom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i'm 49 , 50 later this year.
1. i have 3 custom steel bikes built by joe williams
2. just regular vitamins daily.
3. yes , i'm slower but it's my fault for not riding more.
4. riding about 40 of the last 49 years.
5&6 i'm commuting about 1200 miles per year and doing recreational rides of 40 miles each 3-4 times a week in the good weather. i ride mostly mild hills here and the flats at the shore.
7. i'm to lazy to do any other exercise.
Old 02-19-05, 08:46 AM
giant99

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello folks Im 50 and ride to work every day sort curb side blue boxes ( recyling ) all day. I love it keeps yu hoping. In the summer I comute and ride 30 miles twice in the evening after work, and 60 on sunday with my riding club. If I dont keep moving I lock up Its a way of life for me. I have 3 bikes a Giant Equana MTN bike my winter comuter a Norco Tri-A road bike. And I also have built my fiirst fixed gear. Im just put it all together to make sure everything fits and works right. Today I strip everything off it and get it ready for painting. Cant wait till Im riding it. Been taking pics of my progress and Im going to post them on the fixed gear site when it done. 99
Old 02-20-05, 06:25 AM
ridemoff

Bikes: trek 1000c, schwinn suburban

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age. 55

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? Trek 1000c, Schwinn Suburban

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? a multivitamin, vitamin C, saw palmetto

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? Some--it's har to say how much.

I went years without biking at all. I took it up again a little more than two years ago for exercise.

I try to ride 7-10 rec miles several times diring the week. I have gone a few rides. In the past year I have gone on four metric centuries, some shorter rides, and a time trial.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? 3-5 times per week, weather permitting
I had about 1000 miles last year.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.? No
Old 02-20-05, 11:13 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Updated information-changed bike and added supplements. I don't think I saw the Madone on the bike list.

Trek Madone

Gingko-highly recommend acupuncture as well. Just starting taking Glucosamine & Condroitin Sulfate for knee cartilege maintenance

Only been riding 3 years and seem to be holding my own. For some reason I'm now only sleeping 4 hrs a night and have more energy.

3 years seriously

Enjoy Centuries, Metrics, long training rides and also do Time Trials at Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte

Still working during the week so short rides on Tuesday and Thursday nights and a long ride on either Saturday or Sunday. I rode 5000 miles last year.

I've been playing golf for 40+ years (if you can call that physical) so that is my first passion-cycling has really closed the gap though.

Old 02-20-05, 01:58 PM
TheRCF
Da Big Kahuna

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

Almost 56.

Felt F-35

Megamen vitamins from GNC (don't really know if there are better choices)

Didn't start biking til three years ago (besides teenage years) so I'm still improving.

3 years (besides when a kid).

At a minimum, I ride 13 miles to Waikiki, eat breakfast, ride home. Last couple months I've ridden well past Waikiki before returning to eat (typically 30-40 miles), then ride home. Most rides total 40-60 miles.

Was doing 5 times a week, but now do 4 much longer rides. Annual mileage for my first three years is: 4240, 6549, and 7500+ (this year still has two rides to go).

Nope. Before bicycling I was a couch potato.
Bob
Old 02-20-05, 02:01 PM
jshultz

Bikes: Trek 7500, Bianchi Velope

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some questions:

Please tell us your age. 50 Does that make me a yr to young for this group?

Trek 7500, First time with a bike of this type and could not believe how much fun a better quality bike was to ride.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? Just plain old centrum when I remember. Maybe som Ginko biloba is in order for that, when I remember, thing

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? just a casual rider for fun never competed, going to try my hand at commuting to increase bike time this year. Waiting for spring its COLD in Iowa.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life? Biked all my life for fun. Fairly hard core during college years, but then got out of the plesant habit when family was born. That was a mistake. Missed a lot of good times with my boys and allowed myself to get way out of shape.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race? Short rec rides in the past, but going to try commuting now that I am close to my work.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? LOL no idea, just don't keep track that way.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.? nope, probably should but just don't. No athletic or competative tendincies.

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply??[/QUOTE
Old 02-22-05, 11:16 AM
EB3551

Bikes: Trek 715 sport/touring, Cannondale touring (triple/5-speed), 1953 Humber Sport, Nishiki Olympic 12 (wife's bike)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know about other people, but I enjoy traditional sport touring bikes. I have been riding a 1980s vintage Trek 710 since it was new. It's going in for some restoration work and repainting. When it comes back, it's getting a triple chainwheel crank. I guess that's a concession to my age. My other bike is a Cannondale tourer that I picked up at a tag sale for $40. It has a triple crank, but only a five cog freewheel. It convinced me to convert the Trek to a triple. My wife and I usually ride together. She has a 1980s vintage Nishiki Olympic 12 mixte. She rides almost exclusively in the highest gears, rarely shifting down even on hills. No pain, no gain, I guess.

I looked at other more modern bikes before I decided to restore the Trek, and nothing under $2000+ seemed to combine the graceful appearance, ride and responsiveness of a classic steel frame (the Trek frame and fork are Reynolds 531.) If I could afford it, I would seriously consider a Rivendell. I think I will try a pair of Rivendell Roly Poly tires on the restored bike. That I can afford!

I also have, but no longer ride, a 1953 Humber three-speed Sport that I bought from my uncle in 1956. It was station bike for about 15 years before it retired, and got rather run down.

I take a daily multivitamin, when I remember.

I think I have slowed down because I take fewer chances. On the other hand, I think my riding is more consistent in pace and energy management.

Most of my life. My father would not get us bikes, so I assembled a bike from parts I found, and taught myself to ride when I was nine years old. I've been riding ever since, and still have the 1953 Humber Sports I rode for more than 40 years.

We only have time to ride on weekends in good weather, although we may resume taking inn-to-inn trips when we have the time (retirement!) Our favorite rides are about 30-40 miles with some challenging, but short hills on Long Island, New York's north shore. We also ride generally shorter, slower group rides on Long Island with friends from the local Adirondack Mountain Club. We also try to get up to Vermont for a long weekend during the Fall for daily 30-40 milers. Last Fall, I experienced muscle cramping during a couple of Vermont rides, the first time that has happened. Eating a banana fixed it in minutes.

Not often enough. Annual mileage probably less than 1000 miles. We also hike, snowshoe, kayak, x-c ski, and travel, so there's not much time left to rack up the miles.

I work out at the gym about 4 nights a week - resistance training machines, cross-trainer (x-c ski-type aerobic machine), swim. Yoga class once a week and one or two short sessions at home. My wife and I also hike, etc. (see above), and have started doing at least one extended hike a year. Last year, nine days in southern Utah, and later, two weeks in Peru, including trekking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. This year, we will walk part of the ancient pilgrim's route to Santiago de Compostela in Spain.

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply?
I'll be 62 this summer.
Old 02-23-05, 12:41 PM
bianchicycle
Trackie

Bikes: 2005 Bianchi Pinella, 2003 Bianchi Pista Concept

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Being over 50 is all in your head! When I turned 50 I desided that I was, from then on, going back the other way and I have done so. I am 50 +/-9 which means that the 35 year old ladies look at you very interested.

I started riding a hybrid at 54 and now ride a 2005 Bianchi Pinella (XL Boron), which is a replacement for my old 2000 Bianchi XL Boron. I ride about 2-3 time a week on the road.

I also ride and race a 2003 Bianchi Pista Concept on the velodrome 1-2 times a week.

There is also a gym workout once a week.

What does 50+ have to do with all of this <G>??? I ride with men and women that are from 10-25 years my junior and sometimes they drop me and sometimes..... I get the best of them. Every once in a while one of them let's me have the "King of the Hill" points, but usually not because it make them feel good to pick on the old guy......

BRING IT ON!!!
Old 02-23-05, 07:14 PM
jtm

Bikes: Bianchi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm 54 and keep forgetting it.
1.Anything with two wheels- current new one is a Bianchi Virata.
2.Centrum Silver
3.Truthfully, I can remember doing circles around 50 year olds, especially day after day. Not now.
4.I biked as a kid, that was transportation, now I'm learning how to ride.
5.Over the past two years I've done milk runs, commuted, and just enjoyed the hours on the saddle as the miles unroll.
6.I would bike whenever the Maine roads are clear, but I am old enough to need a rest day (nap), and have learned that recovery is as valuable as breakdown. I wish that I has known that when I was swimming in college. First year was 2,500 miles and last was 3,600 miles. The wife says I am better for having gone riding so I'm going to work this year on getting more of a workout per hour of biking.
7. I swim, downhill ski, walk with the wife, hike, and fish for trout.
Old 02-25-05, 12:22 AM
bikebrat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What type of bike? - A Giant TCR-2

Vitamins? - B6, B12, E, glucosamine/chondrotine, calcium, C

Slowed down? - No - Get a little smarter and a little better every year.

How long biking? - Just over 5 years.

What type of biking? - Some racing - More long rides

How often? How much? - 5 to 6 days per week. Average of about 5,000 miles per year.

Other activities? - Some weight lifting, and spin classes when weather doesn't permit riding outdoors.

Age? - 50. (Mistaken for wife of my 35-year-old stepson recently - One of the rewards of cycling!)
Old 02-25-05, 07:45 AM
buddha631

Bikes: Merlin Agilis, Trek 5500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Type of bikes: Merlin Agilis (2003) and Trek 5500 (1991)

- Supplements: Multi-vitamin, Calcium supplement, and Vitamin C

- Slowed down: No way. I'm in better shape now than I was in college.

- How long biking: Seriously, over 20 years. But, as a kid I still remember getting my 3 speed English racer. What a bike.

- Type of biking: Usually solo rides averaging 20-25 miles with a few organized centuries.

- How often: I admit I am a fair weather biker. Don't bike in the rain or cold. So, living in Michigan, my days are definitely limited. And working full time and spending hours in rush hour traffic, I do the best I can. Last year recorded 1.600 miles. Setting a goal of 2,000 for this year.

- Other activities: Member of the local Y and work out there 3-4 times per week - spinning, weight lifting. treadmill.

Old 02-26-05, 08:33 AM
russward
ruralrider

Bikes: Gary Fisher Nirvana

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just turned 61 and started biking again for the first time since about 25. Bikes are a lot better now Bought a Gary Fisher Nirvana (hybrid) 21-speed. I ride around the neighborhood three or four days a week and and take a 10-15 mile ride on rural county roads or a "rails to trails" bike path once a week, often by myself, sometimes with a friend. A great stress-reliever from my work and a lot more fun than slogging out laps in the pool at the YMCA!
Old 02-27-05, 06:47 PM
JavaMan

Bikes: 2013 KHS Flite 747

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi 50+ riders!

I just turned 50 this month.

I have a Trek 5200. It is much more comfortable than the Klein I used to ride.

I occasionally buy milti-vitamins, but forget to take them. I just threw some out because they were past the expiration date.

I think because I am riding more now, I am actually stronger and faster than I was before.

I have been riding regularly since 1987.

I commute and go on long (50 to 100 miles) Saturday morning rides. Other than an occasional time trial, I have never raced.

I commute (18 miles each way) once or twice a week on average. My total mileage is 14,000 miles in the last 3 years.

I used to do other activities during the winter, but now I keep riding through the winter.
Old 02-27-05, 09:42 PM
BentandFolded

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age.

Rans Rocket Recumbent, Montague CX 26" wheel folding "comfort bike", 2005 Dahon Helios SL 20" wheel folding road bike (on order)

Multivitamins, Glucosamine/Chondroitin (for arthritis in hip)

Hard to tell because I biked a lot till early 30s, then ran till about 49 when I got arthritis, then started biking. I'm faster now than I was at 49 but still improving I think. I also think I'm faster than when I was 30 because I never did speed work back then

Did a lot of riding up until early 30s, and a lot since I turned 49.

short rec rides, longer rides with local club (about 3 hours); time trials

6 days a week; 7000 miles

weight lifting; walking, hiking
Old 03-01-05, 02:31 AM
berts
Roadie

Bikes: kestrel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kestrel 200 sci

multi vits, powder whey protein (gout problem - animal protein irritates problem)

from age 16 to now - a lot

from age 15 to 20 -- break -- 50 to present

training rides + occassional race + touring

3 x per week, 5 K miles

run, light weights, falun

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply?? 53
Old 03-02-05, 12:48 PM
dben

Bikes: road/mountain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a road bike and a mountain bike. My road bike is a racing bike-titanium. carbon. I take a variety of supplements ranging from bee pollen/royal jelly to Accelerade/endurox. I also take certain vitamins from Universal nutrition. Today, I find myself faster that the last few years as a result of increased training using Spinerval videos pretty much 5-6 days/week over the winter. I typicllly go w/a group that does 40-60 mile rides at a 17-19 mile pace.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.