Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Pop-up ad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-14, 10:18 AM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked 1,439 Times in 989 Posts
Pop-up ad?

Does Bike Forums Allow pop-up ads? I believe I read somewhere it doesn't? There's one from a survey company called Voice Five that keeps popping up in the middle of my screen and move when I try to scroll away from it. Even If I hit the 'close' symbol on it, it opens to the owners survey website. The ad has a little kid with sunglasses, his mouth is open, and he's holding up both hands with five fingers and one thumb extended. Don't know how to post screen shots, so this is all I can give you.
Old 07-17-14, 12:23 PM
IBobi
***RETIRED*** Do Not Contact

Bikes: 2010 Gary Fisher Marlin Disc

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
Does Bike Forums Allow pop-up ads? I believe I read somewhere it doesn't? There's one from a survey company called Voice Five that keeps popping up in the middle of my screen and move when I try to scroll away from it. Even If I hit the 'close' symbol on it, it opens to the owners survey website. The ad has a little kid with sunglasses, his mouth is open, and he's holding up both hands with five fingers and one thumb extended. Don't know how to post screen shots, so this is all I can give you.
What browser/version/device are you using? Are you still seeing it?

A screenshot would help too.
Old 07-27-14, 08:27 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked 1,439 Times in 989 Posts
Lets see if this works to show the pop-up add:

( Nope, didn't work. How do you post a screenshot? )

Last edited by skidder; 07-27-14 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-28-14, 03:03 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Since you aren't a premium member, ads are a fact for you...I know the Voice Five one is probably not allowed here but what I saw before I logged on was that instead of appearing BETWEEN posts there are ads that open up at the bottom of posted pictures (inline). I'm wondering if this is how it's supposed to work or if some photo hosts have inserted these into the images?

It's probably pretty annoying to have to X them out and see all the details needed from the image AND they come up again shortly afterward.