Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from unseasonably warm Illinois!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-17, 01:24 PM
briggery16

Bikes: Mercier Kilo TT - (48/17) / 2004 Schwinn Fastback Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Guys!

Born and Raised (and still currently reside) in Central Illinois. I've been riding bicycles since I was a kid. I always enjoyed fixing bikes, and swapping parts even in grade school on my BMX bikes. I remember one summer I started with a huffy and traded up to a GT after a few trades in between.

I started putting up (probably relatively low) mileage about 8 years ago, with a 10 spd Free Spirit I got from Goodwill. I'd go on 20+ mile rides several times a week, and then the "fixie craze" started. I was intrigued, and I purchased a Mercier Kilo TT in 2010, and have been riding (mostly in spring/summer/fall - our winters were generally pretty terrible, but the last two have been mild) pretty regularly since then. I also have a Schwinn Fastback Comp roadbike that I like to ride for longer rides. My goal for the summer is get a century under my belt, learn more about bike repair, volunteer at the local co-op, and ride more often to work.

I've been a lurker of these forums for a while, and am glad to be apart of it. I'm also a follower of ******'s bicycle sub******s, /r/fixedgearbicycle, /r/bicycles, and /r/bikewrench
Old 03-03-17, 02:15 PM
no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Welcome aboard
Old 03-03-17, 02:35 PM
1989Pre 
Standard Member

Bikes: 1948 P. Barnard & Son, 1962 Rudge Sports, 1963 Freddie Grubb Routier, 1980 Manufrance Hirondelle, 1983 F. Moser Sprint, 1989 Raleigh Technium Pre, 2001 Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1296 Post(s)
Liked 939 Times in 490 Posts
Hi brig. Thanks for saying hello.
Old 03-03-17, 02:51 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums. Glad you joined us.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 03-05-17, 06:39 PM
briggery16

Bikes: Mercier Kilo TT - (48/17) / 2004 Schwinn Fastback Comp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!
Old 03-06-17, 08:33 AM
Mr Carl

Bikes: Too many personal bikes to mention on here

Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts
Greetings from Independence, MO. I am originally from Neshoba County, MS, but most of my life has been here. Two years ago I started asking for unwanted/abused bikes to refurbish for the local kids who had none. It has grown to taking refurbished bikes to the Community Service League, who help the entire community. I just purchased a Sears Austria bike for me. It needs minor repairs and then it will replace the Automatic bike I'm riding now. It was great to find this community.