Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

'E-Bikes Are Having Their Moment. They Deserve It.'

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 06-03-20, 07:47 AM
Arthur Peabody

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 66 Posts

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/t...eserve-it.html
Old 06-04-20, 05:15 PM
CanyonCooler

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I agree, I'm seeing more and more e-bikes in the commuting lanes where I live. I also had an ebike posted for sale for over a year without a lot of interest. As soon as the pandemic hit, I had eager buyers. It's interesting what folks are gravitating to in these times.
Old 06-05-20, 07:07 PM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
I didn't even read the article, and I didn't need to. This is America! They should be driving Pick-Up Trucks! Each and every one of them!

And those Pick-Up trucks better have dualies! Roal Coal for America!

See Pow's Law

Last edited by Robert C; 11-01-20 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Small grammar fix
Old 06-05-20, 07:25 PM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
. . . and yes, I did read the article. In all a pretty positive piece.
Old 06-10-20, 07:57 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Arthur Peabody
While I might have been tempted to read the article, no way am I going to go through the idiotic process of going through a registration process just to read about something I already know much about. Now if someone wants to copy and paste the main part of the article and post it here....fine, knock yourself out. As for me, no way am I giving the NYSlimes my email or other personal information on other online accounts I may or may not have just so I can read one stinking article about ebikes.
Old 06-11-20, 07:01 AM
Numerozero

Bikes: Downtube 8FH w/ TSD-Z2 motor; Xootr Swift w/DualDrive ; Downtube MiniB

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
Just read the article, no neef to register or give your email n
Old 06-11-20, 11:24 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Numerozero
Just read the article, no neef to register or give your email n
Well I finally decided to register using my G-mail account since I basically never use it anyway. Made sure to check the box that said I didn't want any of their offers or spam. Then they still wouldn't let me read the article without blocking it with a very large pop-up. Finally I went back and hit the original link again and this time they let me read the article. In the article they basically just let a guy test ride two different ebikes. Other than his review of those bikes I learned nothing from the article I didn't already know, including the fact that ebikes are getting hard to come by now because of the Corona virus and it's effect on imports from China. BTW almost all bikes are hard to come by ( for the time being ) because of the CV.
Old 06-11-20, 04:14 PM
Bluesfrog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Looks like he may or may not buy one. All the author wanted was to make a check for writing the article. I hope it gets some folks to looking. I also hope that bike thieves would be deterred. I use many measures to the security of my bike. But all my family knows if I say hold your ears, a thief may find a different resting place. The old west a horse was your transportation and thieves were hung. The bike is my transportation. It wouldn't be to his best interest for a thief to try to steal my transportation. I didn't have to sign in to read the article. Be Well, Rustyzipper.

Last edited by Bluesfrog; 06-11-20 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-12-20, 04:58 AM
Arthur Peabody

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
While I might have been tempted to read the article, no way am I going to go through the idiotic process of going through a registration process.
Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
Well I finally decided to register using my G-mail account since I basically never use it anyway.
One can right-click on the link, save the file, read the local copy, without registering.
Likes For Arthur Peabody:
Old 06-12-20, 11:11 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluesfrog
....I also hope that bike thieves would be deterred. I use many measures to the security of my bike. But all my family knows if I say hold your ears, a thief may find a different resting place. The old west a horse was your transportation and thieves were hung. The bike is my transportation. It wouldn't be to his best interest for a thief to try to steal my transportation. I didn't have to sign in to read the article. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Didn't know about the "right click trick" when viewing a link. Not tried it yet but water under the bridge now.

Yes, always a big worry when leaving an ebike locked up somewhere, especially if you park it somewhere on a regular basis. So far I've not tried to leave mine locked anywhere. On my road e-bike I also have so many easily removable accessories it would be unthinkable unless I could keep my bike in full view if say going into a store to get food. ( wheel lights , bar lights, side lights, rear lights, quick release rear rack and box. A Cane Creek thudbuster seatpost if you have the right tool, cell phone holder ).
Old 10-27-20, 01:07 PM
Bluesfrog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Cat Man Do you have a lot to watch. But you were right. If you can see the bike most thieves would opt to run. I don't think they can run fast enough. And my camera probably will have their face. In small town America you can run but you can't hide. Be Well, Bluesfrog.