Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Nashbar Fuji Track Pro

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Nashbar Fuji Track Pro

Old 06-07-11, 11:40 PM
cc700
Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz

Bikes: tirove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
i just bought all the food in the world at a discount so now all my friends that missed out on eating can have a meal
Old 06-07-11, 11:44 PM
rustybrown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For real...?

Why you be trollin?

Unless you want to take this P&R, then let's discuss.
Old 06-07-11, 11:52 PM
cc700

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
trollin because
also because the fact of the matter is i doubt fuji will actually restock nashbar's orders so i'm just angry because i didn't get one and now my money's tied up until that **** gets resolved.
Old 06-07-11, 11:59 PM
rustybrown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
word.

Makes cents now. Thought we were going on a tirade about capitalism. But we're sitting on the fence of it.

Wonder how the Fuji stock is doing. Probably up, while we all sit waiting...
Old 06-08-11, 12:45 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
The head tubes are short to allow people to use aerobars. It's really difficult to get low into aerobars if your headtube is long.

So, it's more useful for a rider/racer to have a short head tube and use a rise stem that extends than have a long head tube and have a snub of a stem that is almost vertically downward.

EDIT:

Also, for aerobars on a tall head tube, one can't just use a downward stem. The stem lengths are much shorter when using aerobars

Last edited by carleton; 06-08-11 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-08-11, 02:20 AM
joker8baller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cc700
i just bought all the food in the world at a discount so now all my friends that missed out on eating can have a meal
Hahahahaha. Did you really just make that comparison? Wow. Someone's butthurt. Ya snooze, ya lose.

Nashbar wouldn't take my damn credit card number for some odd reason. Otherwise I'd have one as well.
Old 06-08-11, 02:53 AM
kvangundy
Young, Stupid, Bold.

Bikes: LiteSpeed Ultimate, BMC SLT01 Team Machine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cc700
trollin because
{video**
also because the fact of the matter is i doubt fuji will actually restock nashbar's orders so i'm just angry because i didn't get one and now my money's tied up until that **** gets resolved.
This is the most wantonly imbecilic string of statements I've heard as of late...RoundAbout bought a lot of frames, it was his right to do so. Nashbar didn't say 1 frame per customer, nor did they say, don't resell these. They said, for every n*$150 amount you send we'll send you n frames.

You missed out, too bad. Why not pm RoundAbout and try to buy a FTP that accepts a greater than 44t ring...Sounds like a good deal, pay the premium of $225-$250 for a frame guaranteed to be fully functional? Hot damn, I'll probably send him one. Enough of your jackassery about the unfairness of the world-- the world is not fair. The world is championed by the utilitarians, the opportunists, and those without their noses so full of their own smugness that they can smell a damn good deal and jump on it.

I'll happily ask the local pimp to hold my bike while I use some self-cleaning snake oil to lube the chains on my two fully functional $150 FTPs.
Old 06-08-11, 08:29 AM
cc700

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
i was poking fun of myself in that last quoted statement. i could give a **** if i get an ftp from nashbar or not... at least i'll get my money back if i don't get a frame.

I trust roundabout with my 250 about as far as I can throw the ****er. his guarantee of a crimped frame is worth **** to me. thanks, but i'll pass.
Old 06-08-11, 08:30 AM
hamish5178

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
+1, don't be so butthurt cc700, there's nothing wrong with buying multiple things for a good price and reselling them, that's how supply and demand work. This is nothing like scalping, because the whole idea behind scalping is that the scalpers have exclusive and early access to the tickets. It's that exclusive and early bit that makes it unfair.
Old 06-08-11, 08:33 AM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by hamish5178
there's nothing wrong with buying multiple things for a good price and reselling them, that's how supply and demand work.
Did you flunk economics 101 ?

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me
Old 06-08-11, 10:50 AM
yummygooey
i smell bacon

Bikes: Geekhouse Deerfield, GT Edge Ti, Spooky Skeletor, TET Track, Ritchey P-650b, Bridgestone MB-3

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Who is RoundAbout. Wut.
Old 06-08-11, 11:33 AM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
Old 06-08-11, 12:18 PM
roundabout
The carbon goes WOO-WOOSH

Bikes: Cannondale Supersix, Merrick Track, SC Chameleon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man, so glad I finally found this thread, courtesy of my teammates.

Yes, it is me. Roundabout. I enjoy long walks on the beach, am very trustworthy with money as I currently manage finances for a $50k+ cycling team, and at 162lb am easily throwable (Throwable by short, half asian track gods with quads the size of my torso, not skinny ironic hipsters). I am a negative nancy, and am invited to every party, since every party needs a party pooper. I did indeed by three FTP framesets. When I submitted my order, I did get a popup from Nashbar saying "Are you sure you want to continue? Buying this many frames is SUCH a jackass move." but I dgaf'd it and continued anyway.
The reason I bought so many frames? I'm a management economics student, and when I see an opportunity to exploit the system my Cournot-cranium takes over, and I lose control of my body. I watched in horror as the economics of my brain took over and placed an order for frames not even in my size!

The next day I woke up, thinking it had all been a dream. I forgot about it until later that week, when three bike boxes showed up in my door! THE HORROR!

Edit 1: lulz my post count

Edit 2:

Now I have 1 complete bike, and 2 frames. It's a good thing none of my friends here ride a 54 or a 56, because then I might be tempted to sell them the fruits of my exploitative labor for less than 1200% profit.

Oh, also thought you'd like to know: 2 months ago I flipped a set of tri wheels I bought off craigslist for $700 profit.

Last edited by roundabout; 06-08-11 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-08-11, 12:26 PM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 431 Posts
Please post your bike in the jackass thread. It definitely belongs there.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me
Old 06-08-11, 12:30 PM
roundabout
The carbon goes WOO-WOOSH

Bikes: Cannondale Supersix, Merrick Track, SC Chameleon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inorite?!? Nothing says jackass like cane creek low profile rims, Deda drops, and Alpina forks mayne. How dare I not have a proper rise stem or shallow road drops ready for my siq fixie whip when I decided to build it up. But i fixed it dude, it wasn't comfy for riding around town, so here's the solution:

The coolest thing? Barspins dude! Gets all the ladies hot and bothered.

Last edited by roundabout; 06-08-11 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-08-11, 12:34 PM
jdgesus 
sɹɐʇsɟoןןnɟsʇıbɟɯo

Bikes: fixed gear recumbent trike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i fell off my chair, thx

next step is recumbent.

my bikes | bike blog | beer blog | work 1 | work 2
Old 06-08-11, 01:38 PM
apexbikes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ordered a 49cm... called, *****ed about the price and still got it for $150 + shipping

I hope no one else in my area has one 'cause it'd be a little awkward with everyone on the same frame... but whatevs, the more the merrier.
Old 06-08-11, 03:16 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
There is something that you guys should know about the seat mast and the collar.

It is not designed to be adjustable. It is designed to sit RIGHT on the seat mast. There will be no up/down fine tuning. You fine tune it with the hack saw.

I've seen people slide the collar up and try to pinch the two bolts to hold it in the new elevated position, just to have it slip down...because it's not designed to float above the top of the seat mast.

The idea is to cut the seat mast at EXACTLY the right height. But, when you get it cut, have the mechanic shave off 5mm, 1cm, and 2cm sections of the leftover part. Use these as shims to go up if needed.

Edit:
It may be designed to float above the seat mast...but it doesn't do so very well and often slips down...even for normal sized riders. It's the odd bump in the road that will do it.
Old 06-08-11, 03:28 PM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by roundabout
Nothing says jackass like cane creek low profile rims, Deda drops, and Alpina forks
Having a few nice parts doesn't save you from being a jackass.
Old 06-08-11, 03:58 PM
calbob76

Bikes: big block

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wait is he joking with that set up or does he actually ride it like that?
Old 06-08-11, 04:01 PM
joker8baller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by apexbikes
I ordered a 49cm... called, *****ed about the price and still got it for $150 + shipping

I hope no one else in my area has one 'cause it'd be a little awkward with everyone on the same frame... but whatevs, the more the merrier.
Gah. Now you're making me want to buy one, need to get a better roadie tho =[.

There's a picture around of him actually riding like that. Hehe.
Old 06-08-11, 04:14 PM
LupinIII

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
There is something that you guys should know about the seat mast and the collar.

It is not designed to be adjustable. It is designed to sit RIGHT on the seat mast. There will be no up/down fine tuning. You fine tune it with the hack saw.

I've seen people slide the collar up and try to pinch the two bolts to hold it in the new elevated position, just to have it slip down...because it's not designed to float above the top of the seat mast.

The idea is to cut the seat mast at EXACTLY the right height. But, when you get it cut, have the mechanic shave off 5mm, 1cm, and 2cm sections of the leftover part. Use these as shims to go up if needed.

Edit:
It may be designed to float above the seat mast...but it doesn't do so very well and often slips down...even for normal sized riders. It's the odd bump in the road that will do it.
i think you can have it a little above the top of the cut and be okay, i know there's some leeway on road frames with ISMs. the danger of having it too high above the cut comes from damaging the tubing.

maybe throw some carbon anti slip in the clamp-tube interface to prevent slipping.
Old 06-08-11, 05:17 PM
monsterkidz
monster

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Caveat emptor
Old 06-08-11, 05:42 PM
incredibleting

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update: Nashbar's FTPs are back in stock and shipping now. Excited! I better get the updated chainstays.
Old 06-08-11, 05:48 PM
apexbikes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fuji, and most ISP manufactures aren't paying their engineers millions for nothing....To imagine that there is zero adjustibility on a bike would be ridiculous. Change of saddles, flexibility as the season progresses, etc. are all causes of raising or lowering a saddle. The saddle clamp mechanism is designed with this in mind, you've got +/- about 2 cms if you do it right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.