Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Point beach question

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Point beach question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-23, 04:55 PM
Digginit1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Point beach question

Hi, first time posting. My son was going to put his point beach out by the street for bulk trash to pick up, but I kinda liked it and took it. Now almost 4 years later I wished I had left it. I believe it's a seven speed and I'm selling it. How do I find how much it's worth?
Old 11-07-23, 08:14 AM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 1942 Post(s)
Liked 1,073 Times in 637 Posts
Is this the Schwinn offering?

As far as value, there is no set price. Too many factors to consider.
Old 11-08-23, 08:37 AM
GeezyRider 

Bikes: There is always room for one more.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 391 Times in 226 Posts
I would look at Craigslist and FB Marketplace listings for similar bikes in my area then price it accordingly.
Old 11-17-23, 09:43 PM
AtNjineer
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Your son threw it out and you left it for dead

consider what your son thought it was worth
consider what you felt it was worth left for dead

then divide that by half

that’s what it’s worth
Old 02-11-24, 01:47 PM
Henry III
is just a real cool dude

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
I liked the Point Beach as they also came in two frame flavors...steel(blue/white) and aluminum(red/white). I've got an aluminum version and love this thing. Mind you the only thing left is the frame and fork and everything else got tossed into a pile. Left in stock form theyre pretty dismal machines with a horrible drivetrain and things that look like V brakes but are made from pot metal and brake pads from sixty year old #2 pencil erasers tips. The pedals are garbage and cranks come prebent I think so it makes pedaling feel super awkward and makes you want to leave it on the curb only to make you dad want to keep it. Lol. Seriously though around the driveway it's not super terrible...no wait it's pretty bad. The bars make the bike feel super cramped and a one bolt stem for bars this large? Don't try anything gnarly on this bike if you like your front teeth.

Find a 90's mtb and strip both down completely. Maybe toss on some motocross handlebars and bmx stem and you set to hit some local trails or any dirt path with class and head nods. I can fit a 26x2.4 Nobby Nic in my frame and some decent 90's/00's parts and it's about 25lbs. Guess it depends on what your ambitions with this bike are but it's been three months so it's probably in the landfill or picked up by the local scrap metal guy destined to be reborn again hopefully.
Old 02-13-24, 08:13 AM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

Bikes: Trek Alpha 3700, GT STS DH, Raleigh Grand Prix, Fisher Montare, Fisher CR-7, Fisher Aquila, Diamondback Sorrento, The Bike Beat Revolution, KHS XC 504R

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 288 Posts
This was a timely post since I saw a red and white Point Beach for sale not far from me for $25. It looked like a decent enough cruiser project. I decided against it since the owner had removed both fenders and couldn't find them.
I suppose it was a good thing I passed on it after reading these comments.
Old 02-18-24, 06:15 PM
Henry III
is just a real cool dude

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
That's the elusive aluminum frame! Screw the fenders those are junk anyways and have horrible chrome plating anyways.