Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Valuing a RestoMod Road Bike for Repair/Replacement

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Valuing a RestoMod Road Bike for Repair/Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-21, 08:44 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
Yeah, I was hoping to be reasonable, and, if they came back with an offer, I would negotiate in the hopes of keeping the frame and getting it to Mr. Fattic to have him try to bend it right even if it meant taking less in return (with the understanding that he hasn't seen it yet to know how bad it is and if it really is fixable). But they clearly aren't interested in communicating with me in any form.
I would reach out to a good bike attorney if you haven't yet, maybe Bob Minoske, or Ray Thomas here in PDX for advice or maybe a recommendation in your area, they are both online and will answer initial questions for free. I think you are going to need some serious legal firepower, the more the sooner the better, especially if you are hurt, it will dwarf the rest in $$$ and urgency far sooner rather than later.
Old 06-18-21, 08:57 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4225 Post(s)
Liked 2,944 Times in 1,803 Posts
There is a local guy who has a huge law firm (and lots of fancy ads) who got hit and badly injured a couple years back while riding on his bike. I imagine this sort of thing is too small time for him, but I may have to go to someone like him. Not sure if there are any bicycle specific lawyers around here. One of the two shops I went to were really trying to push a lawyer on me. At that time, I was hoping it'd be simple and I wouldn't need it, but I may need to go back to them an get his contact info.