Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Ritte Crossberg

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-24, 07:51 PM
FLYBYU

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Ritte Crossberg

I have the opportunity to purchase a Ritte Crossberg frame in carbon with cantilever brakes. I want to build it up with a 1x10 system I run on my old Specialized mountain bike. My plan is to make up a gravel bike with this frame. Anyone familiar with this frame/bike? Is it decent quality and would make a good gravel/road bike?
Old 04-21-24, 12:50 PM
FLYBYU

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
No insight so far. I guess what I am looking for is if it is a frame that would suit these purposes. I bought a MTB frame last year with the idea to build it into something similar. I hit a roadblock when I realized it used some things like pressed in BB, tapered headtube, that kind of thing, I wasn't into exploring that kind of thing. I want a basic rim brake bike with decent tire clearance, 700c wheel and 1 1/8" headtube with threaded BB shell. Something I can find older parts for and make it work.
Old 04-21-24, 01:26 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 11019 Post(s)
Liked 7,566 Times in 4,221 Posts
You should post frame spec and details.
I googled it, saw carbon versions, and closed the tab because I didn't want to search around for what version/model you are asking about.

Maybe there is someone with actual experience with the exact bike on here, but that's a small brand that has never been super popular or had a vocal dedicated following.
Just seeing the frame specs and geometry would allow some to comment on what you could likely expect.
Old 04-21-24, 02:10 PM
FLYBYU

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
You should post frame spec and details.
I googled it, saw carbon versions, and closed the tab because I didn't want to search around for what version/model you are asking about.

Maybe there is someone with actual experience with the exact bike on here, but that's a small brand that has never been super popular or had a vocal dedicated following.
Just seeing the frame specs and geometry would allow some to comment on what you could likely expect.
You are correct, my post is very lacking in detail. It is a 2012 frame I am looking at (based on paint). Here is all the info I have found:

https://www.theproscloset.com/produc...te-bosberg-l-1

This is the same paint and size as the frame I am looking at. The gentleman is selling it for $450.
Old 04-21-24, 04:35 PM
FLYBYU

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reading through the spec I notice it is not a threaded BB, I will probably pass on it.
Old 04-21-24, 04:38 PM
FLYBYU

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reading through the spec I notice it is not a threaded BB, I will probably pass on it.
Old 04-21-24, 09:53 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 11019 Post(s)
Liked 7,566 Times in 4,221 Posts
Originally Posted by FLYBYU
I would pass on it simply because it fits a 28mm tire at most.
If that width works for you on a gravel bike, cool. It isn't what I like though.