Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Shaking My Head

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-21, 02:52 PM
Roadies_Rok

Bikes: Litespeed Arenberg Road Bike; Specialized Crossroads XC Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Shaking My Head

As the title says I am yet again amazed by the stupidity of people. Just when I think people cannot get any stupider they go and surpass even my low expectations.

I read in the EZine Cycling News the account of how Michael Schar who was ejected from the Tour of Flanders for throwing a bottle to a fan during the race. The lame BS reason that the UCI cited for ejecting him was that he was littering? The UCI needs a litter ordinance, really?!?!?! Jesus Christ almighty! Just exactly how stupid are the ******g morons who run the UCI?? I understand that the UCI has dropped the ball so many times they may never be able to recover and cycling has image problems and part of that is irresponsible riders throwing energy bar wrappers and used up rain capes onto the roadway but to eject a rider for giving a fan a piece of history and improving the image of the sport?? What were those ******g *******s at the UCI thinking??

Riders and Teams need to start boycotting UCI races. That is the only way those morons will get the message and step back from their heavy handed Gestapo tactics or maybe another oversight body can rise up and take the place of the UCI and show those idiots the back door. There are plenty of retired riders and team directors who I am sure would step up and answer the call to help the sport if they were to be asked. The faster the UCI is dead and buried the better off Pro Cycling and all cycling will be. Nuff said!

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mic...m_term=6524145

Last edited by Roadies_Rok; 04-07-21 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Edit
Likes For Roadies_Rok:
Old 04-07-21, 03:28 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4365 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,854 Posts
I was with you in the first paragraph in spirit if not in tone.

But the second paragraph? Baby, meet bathwater.
Old 04-07-21, 08:50 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4365 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,854 Posts
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rid...roadside-fans/
Old 04-08-21, 07:13 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 471 Posts
I'm kind of angry for Kyle Murphy getting dq'ed from the GP Indurian for dropping a used gel. Good to see action on the bottles, unbelievable that anyone could be dq'ed for throwing to fans.
Old 04-11-21, 10:37 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked 783 Times in 413 Posts
I can’t find it now. But a year or so ago I was wondering about the discarding of water bottles...and if there was/is a written rule governing it. Sure enough the rule I read on the UCI website essentially said that water bottles would be discarded anywhere...but there was an interesting caveat to it. It said that outside of designated discarding zones it had to be done safely to where spectators were, so that the bottle would be considered a souvenir to them. So if that rule still exists I’d surely dispute the ruling.

Dan
Old 04-11-21, 01:48 PM
Gyro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
I can’t find it now. But a year or so ago I was wondering about the discarding of water bottles...and if there was/is a written rule governing it. Sure enough the rule I read on the UCI website essentially said that water bottles would be discarded anywhere...but there was an interesting caveat to it. It said that outside of designated discarding zones it had to be done safely to where spectators were, so that the bottle would be considered a souvenir to them. So if that rule still exists I’d surely dispute the ruling.

Dan
I'd believe there's still squabbling over sock length in such a well run organization.
Likes For Gyro: