Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Any current interest in a Group Buy on 50+ Kit?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Any current interest in a Group Buy on 50+ Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-17, 09:01 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
@Wildwood Its the Forum name, not the age, c'mon man get the jersey.

Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
I have one of the original 50+ jerseys and I like it but I would prefer full-zip. I know Champion makes full-zip but I didn't see this aspect address above.

So, yes, will want one if full-zip but will not want another 3/4 zip. Maybe we would need 10+ full-zip orders before it became viable.

Rick / OCRR
The jerseys we are getting now are all full zip, and we only need 10 items total, not of a specific piece of kit. Hope this helps you decide.

@Siu Blue Wind Looks like you are on time, I'll be sure to let you personally know when I post the actual order thread. I owe you for everything you have put up with.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 11-08-17, 11:50 PM
DGlenday

Bikes: Cannondale, Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I have a jersey.

《------ See ?

But if you're doing matching bib shorts to turn it into a "kit", I'm interested.
Old 11-08-17, 11:58 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Originally Posted by DGlenday
I have a jersey.

《------ See ?

But if you're doing matching bib shorts to turn it into a "kit", I'm interested.
Bib shorts will be one of the items offered. A complete list will be posted in the actual order thread. The shorts and bibs look really nice, same design for both. The proofs are some done with Curtis’s originals, the entire line looks much the same, my favorite is the wind jacket.

Bill

EDIT: It looks good for having the minimum number of items for the CS10 option used. The Order thread will be up early next week, I am working on getting prices down near or at the 2015 levels for everything. The shipping will be USPS flat rate envelopes once again. Should anyone in Canada be wondering about the mailing cost, unless something has changed dramatically the cost should be very close to ours in the states. Last time it worked out close enough to keep it close enough to where I just made sure it happened.

If anybody in the UK, EU, Australia, or elsewhere wishes to order please PM me to work out the mailing details. We have had orders from both the EU and UK in the past.

Last edited by qcpmsame; 11-09-17 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-09-17, 12:08 AM
DGlenday

Bikes: Cannondale, Trek

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Bib shorts will be one of the items offered. A complete list will be posted in the actual order thread. The shorts and bibs look really nice, same design for both. The proofs are some done with Curtis’s originals, the entire line looks much the same, my favorite is the wind jacket.

Bill
Sounds good, Bill. I'm in for the bib shorts, and will have a close look at the wind jacket.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-17, 12:10 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

There is a wind vest also, same material and design as the wind jacket, but no sleeves of course.

Old 11-09-17, 07:20 AM
Stormsedge

Bikes: 2017 Trek Domane SL6 Disc, 1990 Schwinn Crosscut Frankenroadbike, 2015 KHS Team 29 FS, 2000 Gary Fisher Tassajara--gone but not forgotten

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
I'm interested.
Old 11-09-17, 10:38 AM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
The jerseys we are getting now are all full zip, and we only need 10 items total, not of a specific piece of kit. Hope this helps you decide.
Yes, thank you, and I will order when the actual order thread comes around (Medium, Club Cut, Full Zip, short sleeve).

Rick / OCRR
Old 11-09-17, 11:05 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
I want to get in on this, this time!

I have a question about the shorts. What is the difference between the performance padding and the endurance padding? With my greater use of slotted leather saddles (Selle AnAtomica and now a Rivet) I think I want less padding in my life.

As a reference point, the thickish foam in the better Performance Cycle shorts is now too much.
Old 11-09-17, 11:07 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
I think we should add an image for the "engineer with slide rule" avatar that Bill has been entertaining us with.

Lol!!!!
Old 11-09-17, 11:14 AM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 371 Posts
I'll participate in another order. It's good quality stuff as well as good looking.
Old 11-09-17, 12:02 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
Yes, thank you, and I will order when the actual order thread comes around (Medium, Club Cut, Full Zip, short sleeve).

Rick / OCRR

Is there a size "Fat"?
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 11-09-17, 12:03 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
@Wildwood Its the Forum name, not the age, c'mon man get the jersey.

@Siu Blue Wind Looks like you are on time, I'll be sure to let you personally know when I post the actual order thread. I owe you for everything you have put up with.

Bill
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 11-09-17, 12:17 PM
Nooner
If you brake you dont win

Bikes: Santa Cruz Bronson, Trek Remedy 9.8, Cervelo S3, Kona Big Honzo, Cannondale R500, DiamondBack Apex, one storage unit my wife knows nothing about, and one ball crushing unicycle for kicks

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
I am interested, please count me in.
Old 11-09-17, 02:44 PM
Slick Madone

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I'm looking forward to the order thread.
Old 11-09-17, 06:28 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Interest looks fine from here, its a go this weekend.

Look for the order thread to be posted by Sunday, the orders can begin then. It will remain up for 14 days, and then I am asking the admins or moderators to close it. This should be adequate time for those desiring to order kit. There is a link to Champion System, in my OP, if you want some idea about fit, and how they tailor things.

There will be several hard and fast rules to follow for placing an order. The only payment method will be Paypal, I will provide my account email address so that the orders can be made and once I receive the confirmation, I will take your information down and a post of each days' orders will be listed, using your screen name only.

The prices I list in the order thread will include everything, including postage for a flat rate envelope, via USPS. Please check what I post for errors, and if anything is amiss please PM, or email me, with the correction. I freely admit I am human, or at least sub-human, and mistakes happen in each group buy to date. I will foot any additional mailing cost should someone's order go to the wrong person.

It did happen last order, fortunately it wasn't hard to track down with the spread sheet I use to keep track, but envelopes can and do get mixed up. This is why Monica, my wonderful wife, helps me with this. Every envelope will get two inspections against the person's order this go around.

Please do not ask for any design changes, or to order other items you find at CS website. These would cost design and new proof fees, Curtis has set up a nice great looking set of kit and it gets a lot of compliments from those that see it out on events and rides.

The items that are approved and have proofs are as follows:
Shorts-men's and women's,
Bib shorts-men's and women's
Short sleeve jersey, men's and women's (both have club or race tailoring options,)
Sleeveless jersey, men's and women's (both club and race tailoring,)
Long sleeve jersey, men's and women's (both club and race tailoring,)
Wind vest, unisex
Wind Jacket, unisex
*Probably should have tights and bib tights for both men and women, if there is any interest in them, an approved proof should be there. I will check and confirm prior to the Order Post.

*No Christmas delivery guarantee, but if CS gets them to me in time I will pull out the stops in order to get them out quickly. I would not make plans on Christmas gifts, unless its a late gift allowance by you.

All of this will be spelled out, in detail, in the official order thread, sorry if it seems redundant and wordy, but Curtis taught me how to do this without getting too stressed out, or lose my shirt on costs. I really appreciate the interest shown, and that once you receive the kit items you order you will get the same enjoyment and performance form them as I have. My short and long sleeve jerseys are over 4 years old, and are worn regularly, as does my wind jacket.

Bill

Last edited by qcpmsame; 11-10-17 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-10-17, 04:12 PM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 371 Posts
Thank you for your efforts on this Bill. Much appreciated.
Old 11-10-17, 06:47 PM
McCallum

Bikes: Trek multi-track 720

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I might be interested. After a few years my Jersey I bought a few years back got smaller. Well truth in posting requires I share I GOT BIGGER and need to get smaller to fit that old jersey! I lost over a 100 pounds and gained back 80 over about 4-5 years.
Old 11-11-17, 07:24 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
Originally Posted by McCallum
After a few years my Jersey I bought a few years back got smaller.
Stick with this sentence, we don't know you so you can fib all you want.

I've got several shrunken jerseys, too.

Old 11-11-17, 07:07 PM
McCallum

Bikes: Trek multi-track 720

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
Stick with this sentence, we don't know you so you can fib all you want.

I've got several shrunken jerseys, too.
Dennis just did not want anyone to think the jersey really shrunk!!
Old 11-12-17, 11:25 AM
d45

Bikes: 2018 Roubaix Expert Di2

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in
Old 11-12-17, 03:05 PM
MidSouthBiker

Bikes: Mr.White Mr.Green Mr.Orange

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Can anyone comment on how the sizing runs with the Club Tailoring jerseys, whether they seem to be a small or large fit for their advertised size? According to the Champion website, my measurements put me in between Large and XL. I checked my current cycling wardrobe, and I have both sizes even though they seem to have about the same fit.
Old 11-12-17, 07:10 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

The order thread is now posted and orders can be placed.

Old 11-12-17, 08:12 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MidSouthBiker
Can anyone comment on how the sizing runs with the Club Tailoring jerseys, whether they seem to be a small or large fit for their advertised size? According to the Champion website, my measurements put me in between Large and XL. I checked my current cycling wardrobe, and I have both sizes even though they seem to have about the same fit.
I took advantage of Bill's hard work last time - I was pleased with design and quality of the jersey / wind vest I ordered.

In answer to your question re sizing, I would say that in my limited experience the 'Club' version is certainly not on the large size - if between L and XL sizes I would certainly take the larger XL size (and even the XXL size if you prefer a really loose fit).
Hopefully others will share their experiences - I would hate my 2c to mislead you.

For reference I am just over 6ft tall and normally in range of 173-182lbs (with relatively little upper body mass) - L is more streamlined, XL quite loose if not wearing any base layer.
Old 11-13-17, 06:46 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Here is a link to the order thread:https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plu...er-thread.html

As to sizing of the Race and club cut jerseys, the race cut tailoring is tight, unless you are actively racing, or want a very snug and smooth fit, they are going to be feeling restrictive. The club cut tailoring, which I use, is a bit more roomy but not to the extent that it will bag, or flap as you are riding. As far as L-XL-2XL, etc., I have stuck with the XL sizes fr my jerseys. I did purchase one jersey in the 2XL size, back before I managed to lose weight. At 6'-1", 292 lbs. at that time, and my chest was 50", it was pretty close to perfect for my bulky torso and chest. But once I managed to get my weight under control, it quickly became baggy on me.

I don't care to steer people towards a particular size, that is a really personal thing. I realize that it is difficult to size a garment without trying it on, and I have to rely on others to offer advice about this. One big reason I decided to leave this thread open for now.

Bill

Old 11-18-17, 09:20 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Originally Posted by Road Fan
I want to get in on this, this time!

I have a question about the shorts. What is the difference between the performance padding and the endurance padding? With my greater use of slotted leather saddles (Selle AnAtomica and now a Rivet) I think I want less padding in my life.

As a reference point, the thickish foam in the better Performance Cycle shorts is now too much.
Sorry @Road Fan, I missed your question somehow. The performance pad is thinner, which is what you are probably looking for, same basic shape, but less padding is between the outer layers of fabric. The CS site has the details about them, there is a link in this thread for your convenience. Hope this answers your question.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.