Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Vintage 1970s Raleigh "The Raleigh" Folding Bike Special Japanese Edition

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-20, 12:59 PM
scarrero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello everyone! I am not a bike connoisseur but I have a vintage 1970s "The Raleigh" Raleigh 3-speed folding bike which was a special edition made in Japan (all other bikes of this brand made in England). It is in phenomenal condition and has been well-maintained. Only faults are that I do not have the original bikeseat and the knob that helps adjust the tightness of the handlebar has been lost and replaced with a nut. One can still remove the handlebar by using pliers to loosen the nut. The number on the back is S1F92672 but I was unable to date it. I also have a pristine white metal basket that goes on the front (not depicted). Could anyone please help me value it? English Raleigh vintage bikes go for $300-$600 on Ebay but I know this is a special Japanese edition so I'm not sure. Please help!

I'm not allowed to upload pictures as a new user but if you would like to see more pics please include your email.
Alternatively for pics, go to Imgur and add the following in the link after the "/" (Each line is the ID for a different pic/link. The first line is the overall picture of the bike so you can just look at that one)

Gh4L0ko
9q3q8Go
2M01MEO
CxdtWMw
Yn7Oalk
7a7whCc
VFZahmA
Old 09-20-20, 05:19 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Are you looking at the listing price or the sold and completed listing? Most that actually show the selling amount are much lower than $300-600.

Is yours made in Japan or made for the Japanese market? Good pics of your actual bike are the best way to value it.

try and upload your pics and someone will likely post them for you

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 10-23-20, 09:27 PM
Hummer

Bikes: 1981 Raleigh GP, 1985 Norco Bush Pilot, . . .

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 136 Posts
I believe that this is a TI Raleigh USA model bicycle. The serial number's first digit is the year of frame manufacture, 1981.