Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Tern Node D7i thoughts

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Tern Node D7i thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-23, 07:33 PM
Allan in T.Dot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Tern Node D7i thoughts

Wow. The bike here in Canada is 1849+tax which puts it in the 2K price range. The scary issue is that I'm 240 lbs so I exceed the listed max weight. Why is this bike so expensive and is it justified? I'm coming from a good ol' Kona blast from university that I am still rocking but am looking for a commuter bike that I can ride in cold weather, light snow here in Toronto and the internal gear system and foldable aspects appeals to me since I need to take public transit for a part of the commute.
Old 07-18-23, 10:07 AM
jfouellette

Bikes: 1999 Bike friday NWT, 2009 Bike Friday Tikit, 2023 silverock Dewy, 2008 Dahon Smooth Hound, 2023 Litepro Trifold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 140 Posts
Hi, I’m in Montreal and own a Dahon Glide P8 which is similar to the Node. These bikes are expensive indeed, why? Low volume sales, quality components,Kinectic wheels, Schwalbe big Apple tires, Biologic brakes, levers, saddle, front hub Dynamo for light, 8 speed Nexus internal hub, horizontal dropouts for the hub etc etc and this in Canada so we have to pay more. They are very nice bikes. The 24 inch tires make a difference. If interested, mine is for sale at much less than 1000$. Cheers.

same bike but not my video:

Last edited by jfouellette; 07-18-23 at 10:13 AM.
Likes For jfouellette: