Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Taking off the suspension fork

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 01-04-04, 01:11 PM
GT_ATB32
Sport Class Racer

Bikes: 2003 Leader Bike LD 515 <----race bike, 1991 Cannondale SR 400, Haro Escape 8.3(dead, will revive to ride urban on),2003 Ironhorse Hollowpoint Expert, Random Frames and BMX stuff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a WTB Momentum comp. headset and a judy tt fork and i was wondering just how do i get off the fork**********? What tools do i need??? I have a basic tool kit so i probably have the tools.
Old 01-04-04, 03:46 PM
Jonny B
Not-so-Senior Member

Bikes: Orbea Enol roadie, Fly Micromachine BMX, Fort Track fixed

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You should only need allen keys and maybe a rubber mallet. First, remove the compression bolt from the top of the steerer tube (the bolt that sticks straight up). Next remove the stem. Take off any spacers and stuff from under the stem, and with a bit of luck the fork will just fall out. More than likely it wont, so you'll need to support the frame with one hand and hit the top of the steerer tube with a rubber mallet (or a hammer with a piece of wood to protect the steerer), quite hard, until it comes out.
Old 01-04-04, 04:56 PM
gwhunt23

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry for posting off topic, but GT_ATB32, please check your PM box and let me know if you want the spacer so I can send you it in tommorow's mail if you want it.

Good luck with removing your fork!

-Garrett
Old 01-05-04, 07:53 PM
GT_ATB32
Sport Class Racer

Bikes: 2003 Leader Bike LD 515 <----race bike, 1991 Cannondale SR 400, Haro Escape 8.3(dead, will revive to ride urban on),2003 Ironhorse Hollowpoint Expert, Random Frames and BMX stuff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No i bought a spacer at my lbs
Old 01-05-04, 07:53 PM
GT_ATB32
Sport Class Racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Johnny B thanks 4 the reply