Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

bricked my quarq - is there any hope?

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-14, 01:55 AM
SeñorPantalones

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

I have a quarq cinqo sram red. Using the mac os x Qalvin, I attempted to update firmware from 19 to 23 on a brand new battery.

After an hour of an "unpacking bootloader" indeterminate progress meter, I finally hit cancel as it was clearly going nowhere. Now the quarq is dead. I've tried the battery short hard-reset. I've tried new batteries. I removed the magnet and tried triggering cadence manually.

1. Are there any other ways to flash / reset this thing?
2. Has anyone else had this happen and can you share experience?

I have a support request in to Quarq now, but i'd really like to resolve this myself as being w/o PM for however long it takes to fix is going to suck.
Old 09-24-14, 06:09 AM
Wylde06

Bikes: Cannondale Six13

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 21 Posts
No ideas, but I would give them a call. Everything ive seen anywhere online says that they will be quick to get you back up and running
Old 09-28-14, 01:24 PM
zigmeister

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Yes, talk to Quarq. Their service and support is some of the best. I had mine start eating batteries, and they provide a return shipping label, replaced mine with a newer model because it was toast and not repairable, and shipped it back on their dime...also calibrated my QRings on them.

Took all of 1 week. It is why I always keep a spare cranks with my rings on standby in case the PM take a dive. It happens.

Not sure why it would brick...but Quarq would like tell you to try the battery short thing as well. If that doesn't work, and they have no other ideas, it is a return to them.