Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

...allow me to reintroduce myself.

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-20, 10:56 PM
trainchaser

Bikes: my bikes: Old: 1965 Schwinn 10 speed, 72 Monshee 12 speed, 77 Norco 12 speed, 95 Trek 850, two Specialized Crosstrails, 2016 Specialized carbon Sirrus. New 2020 Trek FX1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 14 Posts

Hi everybody, I've been away for awhile so thought I'd reintroduce myself. I'm Lorne Miller from Victoria BC. I participated in a number of forums and owned a number of bikes while I was here, 2 Specialized Crosstrails and a Specialized Sirrus Carbon Sport. My life's situation has gone through some major changes since then, my first wife passed away and I got remarried two years later but moved into a two bedroom apartment where there was no place for bikes. I had to sell the Sirrus which was a tough thing to do. I've been missing cycling ever since and have finally talked my lady into keeping a bike in the apartment. I just bought a 2020 Trek FX1 disc, last one available in the midst of the covid19 madness, and will be making the first mods this coming week - new Shimano SPD pedals (still have the shoes) and a set of Ergon GP2 grips. Why Trek this time around? The Trek store is only a block away from where I live. The location of our apartment is surrounded be the starting points of three major bikeways that traverse Victoria and I plan on biking to work from now on. Along with the shoes I kept all my other gear, bike clothes, helmet, pump, tools, etc. Always knew it was just a matter of time before I was back on a bike.
Anyway, it's good to be back

cheers,

Lorne Miller
Old 05-29-20, 01:07 AM
ypspidsi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi, Lorne Miller, nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing your story. And I'm new to this forum, but I'm sure I'll like it here.
Alex.
Old 05-29-20, 02:56 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Welcome back!