Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fatbikes
Reload this Page >

26x4.5 vs 27.5x4.5?

Notices
Fatbikes Designed for use in sand, mud or snow, Fat bikes are the right choice for true all-terrain riding. Check here for the latest on these fun, adventurous two-wheeled machines.

26x4.5 vs 27.5x4.5?

Old 02-17-20, 07:45 AM
medic75

Bikes: '19 Trek Stache 5, '17 DB Hannjo Trail, '09 Scott CR1 Pro, Schwinn Central commuter, '16 DB El Oso

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 29 Posts
26x4.5 vs 27.5x4.5?

The title pretty much says it all. Please only answer if you have ridden bikes with both tires. I have already performed all of the speculation myself, so I am looking for real world experiences.

What are the pros / cons to each size, which do you prefer, and why?
Old 10-29-20, 01:53 AM
Sembikes
Sembikes

Bikes: AM/XC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i can not answer sorry. but i ride 26er tire always.
Old 10-29-20, 09:08 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2965 Post(s)
Liked 1,164 Times in 761 Posts
I've ridden both. With a tire that large, there are no pros or cons to either and I don't have a preference. There is so little difference in the tire size that it really doesn't matter as far as ride characteristics or float.

The fat bike industry was starting to get stale, so they invented 27.5 fat to make you think it's the next best thing so that you sell your current 26' fat bike and upgrade to the much betterer 27.5 fat bike. Some people fell for it. Others can read between the lines.

With that said...It appears there is a slight movement by the major players in the fat bike industry towards the 27.5 fat.