Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

90s Trek Multitrack Sizing?

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-20, 11:07 PM
c0rbin9

Bikes: None

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts

I'm trying to narrow down which early 90s hybrid I want to use as a platform for my gravel/all-rounder/cyclocross build. I would like to use a Trek 750 or 790 Multitrack (love the company history and US-made lugged steel), but I have a suspicion that I fall right between the medium (19") and large (21") hybrid sizes Trek offered then. From my research hybrid frame sizes run smaller than an equivalent measurement mountain bike, like a road bike, just not as much. I'm 5'11" with short legs, 32.5" standover inseam to be exact. Anyone have one of these bikes and able to offer some guidance? Thanks.
Old 05-26-20, 03:13 PM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
I've been trying to find one of the lugged versions for a while, and I found a reference in a Trek publication that the later tig welded bikes have a lower bottom bracket height and are are more oriented to mixed use, while the previous lugged bikes have a higher bottom bracket and are more oriented towards offroad rideing. So if your in between you might want to size down for a lugged frame.
Old 05-26-20, 08:27 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
One of the dumbest things I did was sell a 750 that shared frame geometry with the 520. I made money on it, but I should have kept that bike. It was clean, and I paid $20 for it. DUMB!