Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Early John Tesh tour coverage

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Early John Tesh tour coverage

Old 12-08-19, 08:16 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
I bought the Tesh as well as the Yanni CD's back in the late 80's,still have them somewhere.
Likes For Manny66:
Old 12-16-19, 04:25 AM
chickasmith

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
(last visited in 2010!)

Send me an email to "myusername"@hotmail.com and I will forward the emails that I used to send out once upon a time with these songs (for those non-technical replace "myusername" with chickasmith). Dont expect an instant response but hopefully I can get to them sooner rather than later ...

Apologies if anyone has private messaged me in the past - apparently I need to have ten posts before I can access them (this will be my second post)

Earlier in this decade I also uploaded a lot of my cycling footage that I had on Beta and VHS to youtube before Societe du Tour de France banned me using their footage and the youtube site disappeared I just havent been motivated to do it all again ... it was fun whilst it lasted!
Likes For chickasmith:
Old 12-21-19, 01:30 PM
Malibu Stacy

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Did you ever find that John Tesh cassette tape you mentioned, Music From The Tour de France Vol.1 as I recall, I use to have it but it self destructed years ago and I'd like to download the contents if I can find a source.
Likes For Malibu Stacy:
Old 12-29-19, 04:19 AM
chickasmith

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Malibu Stacy
Did you ever find that John Tesh cassette tape you mentioned, Music From The Tour de France Vol.1 as I recall, I use to have it but it self destructed years ago and I'd like to download the contents if I can find a source.
Hi Stacy

Please send me an email as mentioned in my previous post. I can then forward you the music and then we can trade abc music from the 1989/90/91 tours!

Cheers
Likes For chickasmith:
Old 03-05-20, 01:15 AM
Malibu Stacy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
You're absolutely right about the "80's style over produced synth music" in your description, production music libraries still carry albums from that era and they sound very similar to the music John Tesh was making in 1987, (Music From The Tour de France Vol.1) they're definitely time capsules from that era.
Likes For Malibu Stacy:
Old 03-10-20, 04:42 PM
Malibu Stacy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Did you ever find that John Tesh cassette tape 'Music From The Tour de France Vol.1' you ordered from the back of a Winning magazine.
Likes For Malibu Stacy:
Old 09-11-20, 06:54 AM
lavielemond 
LeMondster

Bikes: LOOK 695 SR Mondrian, LOOK 595 Pro Team, LOOK KG86 (retail & LVC versions), LOOK LVC Hinault 753R, ADR-Agrigel TVT92/Bottecchia SLX/Bottecchia Columbus AIR TT, LEMOND "Z" TVT92 & "Z" TSX, LOOK KG486 SL, LOOK 566, LOOK KG76 Hinault, Telekom TVT92 AL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Malibu Stacy
Did you ever find that John Tesh cassette tape 'Music From The Tour de France Vol.1' you ordered from the back of a Winning magazine.
My, how the world has changed since your previous emails within this thread from last March, eh mate?!

I sincerely hope that everyone on Bikeforums has managed to remain both safe & sane during this unprecedented time in all of our lives...?

Cheers & very best wishes to everyone from hot & sunny "Down Under"...Matt.

PS. For anyone who is interested, I just noticed earlier (during a random YT search for any new John Tesh songs from the legendary CBS coverage of the Tour during the mid-80s & my user name certainly gives away my all-time favourite cyclist & team!!) that a kind fella (user name "Phil Anderson", so he may also be an Aussie, or perhaps merely a fan of the great 'Skippy?) has uploaded a number of the songs from the über-rare "Music from the Tour de France Vol. 1"!! I've always been particularly besotted with "Historique", "Paris-Roubaix" & "Road Made for Animals", the latter of which is already on Tesh's "Tour de France - the Early Years" CD & thus I already have it.
Old 09-14-20, 09:08 AM
Ed Wiser

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
I have fond memories of the broadcast’ s of the races. It is what got me excited about watching cycling races. Those not around at the time. This was the first time that TOF was broadcast nation wide to the US. So those who watched became fans of cycling from those shows.
Old 09-18-20, 10:01 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
I was wondering why nobody mentioned the amazing "Tour De France" album by Kraftwerk, and then I realized that this thread pretty much predates that album. Anyway, for something more modern dedicated to the tour, enjoy:

Old 06-02-21, 06:03 AM
Sandthemall

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi All,
I have some of the Patrick O’Hearn albums that are part of ABC’s 1989 Tour de France coverage music.
I’m looking for the music that’s played primarily on the Superbagnere stage (stage 10) in the Pyrenees.
Does anyone know who that composer is?
Old 06-02-21, 07:33 AM
Malibu Stacy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I have and have had all of that stuff at one point or another, there was a few new age music pieces used throughout ABC's coverage but for the most part it was Edd Kalehoff and the Kalehoff Productions music library that provided 98% of what was heard on ABC Sports, library music CD's 1&2 and two CD's worth of original music composed specifically for ABC Sports...........so I listened to a You Tube posting of Stage 10,
and I do have that music so if you're interested leave me a message and we'll make some sort of arrangement.

Last edited by Malibu Stacy; 06-02-21 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-02-21, 04:22 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 592 Times in 453 Posts
^ That sounds like young(er) Phil! Jeez he's been around forever.

I wonder if they'll trot him out for le NBC Tour. I like Bob Roll but it's been rough listening to his partner for the Dauphine, Steve Schlanger, try to carry the water without the sport-specific base that Phil, Rob Hatch, Ant McCrossin, etc. bring to the table. You can only soave announcer your way through so many kms. GCN+ has done a really good job and it will be a step back with the Peacock thing.
Old 06-03-21, 08:28 AM
Snotrub

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Carbon Flash 2; 2017 Cannondale CAADX 105; 2021 Trek Domane SL6; 2021 Trek Top Fuel 9.7

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
^ That sounds like young(er) Phil! Jeez he's been around forever.

I wonder if they'll trot him out for le NBC Tour. I like Bob Roll but it's been rough listening to his partner for the Dauphine, Steve Schlanger, try to carry the water without the sport-specific base that Phil, Rob Hatch, Ant McCrossin, etc. bring to the table. You can only soave announcer your way through so many kms. GCN+ has done a really good job and it will be a step back with the Peacock thing.
I couldn't agree more with everything you said. BTW, What happened to Phil? Did he retire? Forced out? I googled Phil but came up with zero recent articles.
Old 06-03-21, 08:33 AM
Snotrub

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Carbon Flash 2; 2017 Cannondale CAADX 105; 2021 Trek Domane SL6; 2021 Trek Top Fuel 9.7

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 42 Posts
Oh, and one more thing........GCN has been great to watch, but I would like it more if they provided a voice over translation for the Sean Kelley language to English. I can understand all of the other Irishmen just fine but only get about half of what Kelley says. On top of that, he rambles on and on even during race changing moments and comical events. For instance, he was rambling on about something in the Giro when the camera from a moto bike caught one of the riders whipping it out to pee, while everyone else in the booth(s) were laughing and he just kept on talking. Come on man, pay attention.