Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Clothing question (please no judgement) LOL

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Clothing question (please no judgement) LOL

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-20, 12:50 PM
Oso Polar

Bikes: Trek 3500, Jamis Renegade Escapade

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
I don't know what kind of market you are in that has used bibs but I'd like to direct you to these from Wiggle https://www.wiggle.com/dhb-classic-bib-shorts-1 I can't imagine you could find anything used substantially cheaper and I've found these to be comfortable and long wearing.
At $56 dollars (price that I see now) IMHO these are extremely overpriced right now. I've never had classic DHB bibs but I have a regular ones which I got for $19.67 (https://www.wiggle.com/dhb-bib-shorts?sku=100330313) and Aeron for $52.77.
Aeron bibs are much better and I can easily recommend them to anyone who wants to save money - solid bibs, no issues. In fact, everything from Aeron line seem to be good. The regular DHB bibs are made from a different material, pretty good at first but then they start to stretch and sag at the butt relatively fast, so I'm not sure that they are a good choice even for the price I got them.
Old 08-28-20, 02:11 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
I'm seeing $76 now for the Aeron. But yeah, the Aeron should be nicer. FWIW though, last Fall I got some Aeron 3/4 and was disappointed in the fabric and the stitching. Still worth what I paid but not the step up from the Classic I was expecting. The Classic bibs are holding up well for me, no sagging or wear. I haven't tried anything fancy like Assos or Rapha.