Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

Warm gloves that are thin enough to still work with di2?

Search
Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-19, 11:11 AM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts

I've got all of my winter gear figured out, except gloves. I tried out ski gloves today, and they kept my hands warm, but not much dexterity. I was able to shift my current mech setup, but I'll be switching to di2 soon, and there's no way I'd be able to shift with those gloves. Doubling up with some no name cycling gloves I have works ok, but not great, still a lil bulky. Is there a glove that is reasonably thin and actually warm down into the 30s? Doesn't get much colder than that here, I'll have a few rides in the 20s in the dark. Actual experience shifting di2 would be great! TIA.
Old 12-09-19, 01:28 PM
TerryDi2C
Di2 fanatic

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 45 Posts
I have no experience using ski gloves to shift my Di2, but you could use full synchro shifting and set up the bike so that both right shift buttons shift up and both left buttons to shift down. That way you can use your hands to press any button.

When it gets really cold here I tend to wear two gloves on each hand. One thin glove and a regular winter glove.
Old 12-10-19, 08:20 AM
DustyBF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I gonna try cycling this winter for the first time so I've ordered INBIKE gloves last Friday. In the yourmotobro's review, they seemed perfect to me: warm, durable, windproof, quiet elastic and also aesthetically pleasant. I think they're awesome and you may like em too.
Two-layered protection seems legit too but also uncomfortable to me...