Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Thread for Specialized Sirrus

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Thread for Specialized Sirrus

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-20, 11:40 AM
RayGu66

Bikes: Sirrus 6.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by what_dehek
Thanks for the info! I’m in Canada so a Canyon is basically impossible for me to get unless I jump through a few inconvenient hoops which I just don’t have energy for. If you’re able to post some pics of your bike I’d love to see it! There’s zero pictures online aside from the ones on the website.
Unfortunatelly I am not allowed to post pictures for now...May be after 10 posts.
Search on FB using "sirrus 6.0", you can get few pictures.

Last edited by RayGu66; 04-21-20 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-22-20, 03:38 PM
omgar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
Looks great! Is that the Jones loop bar? I love the concept of it, but I wish they'd make one with slightly less sweep. Do you feel your wrists a slightly too angled out, with its 45-degree backsweep?
Yes, it is. The sweep provides a lot more palm coverage and allows the hand to rest a bit more naturally. My wife found them much more comfortable. A set of Ergon GP1 grips would probably make things even better.
Old 04-24-20, 05:10 AM
RayGu66

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanks for the info! I’m in Canada so a Canyon is basically impossible for me to get unless I jump through a few inconvenient hoops which I just don’t have energy for. If you’re able to post some pics of your bike I’d love to see it! There’s zero pictures online aside from the ones on the website.

Likes For RayGu66:
Old 04-24-20, 11:20 AM
what_dehek

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RayGu66
Unfortunatelly I am not allowed to post pictures for now...May be after 10 posts.
Search on FB using "sirrus 6.0", you can get few pictures.
Thanks for posting pictures! What a beauty of a bike!
Old 04-29-20, 06:19 PM
Stash95

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Sirrus riders. I'm looking to get back into cycling and i think i have narrowed my choices down to this bike. I noticed a for sale post locally and would love some feedback on whether or not this would be a good deal or not.

I'm 5"11 & 270lbs.

Bike is Size Large

Specialized Sirrus Expert Carbon 2019. Seller says he only rode the bike half a dozen times and according to the pictures it looks practically brand new. He's asking $2000CAD ($1440USD) for it.

Here's a few links to the bike:

https://shop.gearsbikeshop.com/produ...n-311753-1.htm
https://www.mackcycleandfitness.com/...d-bicycle.html

Any advice on whether this is a good deal would be appreciated as well as any alternative bikes that are just as good or better for a cheaper price.

​​​​​​​Thanks!
Old 05-10-20, 03:04 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
So, thought I would bump our Sirrus thread back into play with my musings over an upgrade/rebuild path for my 2019 Sirrus X Comp carbon. For anyone interested!

Bike is stock, aside from saddle and grips, and (as I've reported previously) a warranty-replacement upgrade to FS 2.0. For me, it's a keeper. I have been mulling over brakes/drivetrain/wheels. Now, I think the path is settled: Shimano is now making its XTR/XT/SLX x-country (two-piston) brake calipers with a road-standard flat-mount option.

So, here's what I'm most likely going to do: XT 8100 flat-mount brakeset; XT 8100 1x12 shifter/cassette (closer ratio 10-42 variant); Praxis Zayante carbon 1x crank, 38 tooth; and a Shimano 12 spd compatible wheelset. This last I will likely have made up by LBS, using the new XT (or possibly XTR) micro-spline hubset, with a Stan's tubeless rim (for my preferred Spec. Roubaix Pro 32mm tires).

Sounds nuts (!), but for me it isn't. I do not 'run' multiple bikes; instead, I have at any one time only 1 'really nice' bike, that I use ... a lot. At 68 going on 69, this will likely be my last such bike, one that will likely 'see me out' over the next years. For me, this frameset is perfect, especially with the FS 2.0, and so I think that this plan will result in precisely what I want: a full-carbon, perfectly fitted, sub-19 lb. flat-bar 1x road bike.
Likes For badger1:
Old 05-10-20, 10:37 PM
banjaboy

Bikes: Focus Izalco Pro 3.0 Specialized Sirrus 6.0 Genesis Core 50

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Just bought the exact bike. After much research I couldnt find a better fitness bike than the Sirrus 6.0, I love the colour. Just replaced the shock spring to blue, tightened the front end to my liking
Likes For banjaboy:
Old 05-10-20, 10:38 PM
RayGu66

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Wow! Sounds brilliant!That's my target, broadcast please...
Old 05-10-20, 10:39 PM
RayGu66

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by badger1
So, thought I would bump our Sirrus thread back into play with my musings over an upgrade/rebuild path for my 2019 Sirrus X Comp carbon. For anyone interested!

Bike is stock, aside from saddle and grips, and (as I've reported previously) a warranty-replacement upgrade to FS 2.0. For me, it's a keeper. I have been mulling over brakes/drivetrain/wheels. Now, I think the path is settled: Shimano is now making its XTR/XT/SLX x-country (two-piston) brake calipers with a road-standard flat-mount option.

So, here's what I'm most likely going to do: XT 8100 flat-mount brakeset; XT 8100 1x12 shifter/cassette (closer ratio 10-42 variant); Praxis Zayante carbon 1x crank, 38 tooth; and a Shimano 12 spd compatible wheelset. This last I will likely have made up by LBS, using the new XT (or possibly XTR) micro-spline hubset, with a Stan's tubeless rim (for my preferred Spec. Roubaix Pro 32mm tires).

Sounds nuts (!), but for me it isn't. I do not 'run' multiple bikes; instead, I have at any one time only 1 'really nice' bike, that I use ... a lot. At 68 going on 69, this will likely be my last such bike, one that will likely 'see me out' over the next years. For me, this frameset is perfect, especially with the FS 2.0, and so I think that this plan will result in precisely what I want: a full-carbon, perfectly fitted, sub-19 lb. flat-bar 1x road bike.

Old 05-11-20, 05:35 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,001 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by badger1
Sounds nuts (!), but for me it isn't.
Sounds good to me, I recently put XT 8000 on a 96 steel hardtail.Carbon bike should clock in under 19lbs easily. Post pics when done, please.
Old 05-11-20, 10:06 AM
Farrah430

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bar ends

I think they are called bar ends? The end of the handle bar that you can hold on to. Sorry guys amateur here. My husband loves the bar ends? on my Sirrus i want to get him a similar pair for his bike. Does anyone know what i would search to find that style? I’ve been able to find regular ones but i think he likes that you can put your fingers through that little slot so i want to find that set or a similar style.
Old 05-11-20, 10:45 AM
badger1

Originally Posted by DorkDisk
Sounds good to me, I recently put XT 8000 on a 96 steel hardtail.Carbon bike should clock in under 19lbs easily. Post pics when done, please.
Will do. It'll be a while; have to wait for the supply chain to fill up and of course for current conditions to improve, but at some point everything should be available.
Old 05-11-20, 10:47 AM
badger1

Originally Posted by banjaboy
Just bought the exact bike. After much research I couldnt find a better fitness bike than the Sirrus 6.0, I love the colour. Just replaced the shock spring to blue, tightened the front end to my liking
The 6.0 is a very nice bike, out-of-the-box.
Old 05-12-20, 01:33 PM
BruceA78

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Diverge Expert Carbon & 2020 Specialized Sirrus 6.0

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 28 Posts
Does anyone have any insight into the 2021 model year for the Sirrus line? I am interested in getting a Sirrus 6.0 but am wondering if there will be any changes for 2021 and if they will start to discount any remaining 2020 stock anytime soon?
Old 05-12-20, 01:39 PM
what_dehek

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BruceA78
Does anyone have any insight into the 2021 model year for the Sirrus line? I am interested in getting a Sirrus 6.0 but am wondering if there will be any changes for 2021 and if they will start to discount any remaining 2020 stock anytime soon?
I just purchased a 6.0 and they told me the same 6.0 model would continue on for 2021 as well. Same with all the X models. My guess is they will introduce new ones for 2022 which will start popping up in stores a year from now
Old 05-12-20, 02:17 PM
BruceA78

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Diverge Expert Carbon & 2020 Specialized Sirrus 6.0

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 28 Posts
I just purchased a 6.0 and they told me the same 6.0 model would continue on for 2021 as well. Same with all the X models. My guess is they will introduce new ones for 2022 which will start popping up in stores a year from now
Thanks for the info! I went ahead and ordered one today. Have you had to replace the saddle or grips or have any suggestions for must have add ons?
Old 05-12-20, 04:37 PM
varmarockz1999

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Would you happen to know if they would restock their out of stock bikes. I am interested in 5.0 but the size i am intersted in for 5.0 is out of stock in all of the local stores near me as well as specialized website.
Old 05-12-20, 09:43 PM
smccready

Bikes: 2020 Sirrus X 5.0

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got a Sirrus X 5.0 on Sunday. Here's my initial review after a pair of 20-mile rides.

First, a little background - over the last 12 years, I've owned 4 bikes:

1) Fuji Team Pro, which was fairly fast but not the most comfortable ride ever. This was during my most heavy riding phase, I put several thousand miles on it over a few years of serious riding. As my life shifted, I had less time for long rides and it got less and less use. It eventually got stolen out of my garage when I accidentally left it open overnight.

2) Diverge Comp Carbon, which I got after the Fuji was stolen in early 2017. I wasn't riding much at this point and wanted something with a more relaxed geometry. Even though I'd done several test rides that seemed good, the Diverge never quite felt right to me. I ended up selling it not too long after I got it.

3) Felt Verza Speed 30, which I got to replace the Diverge. I figured at this point that I wouldn't be riding a lot and just wanted something inexpensive and comfortable so I could ride around with my daughter and do the occasional 20-30 mile ride. It was fine for that purpose, but when COVID-19 hit and my gym closed, I started riding a lot more (~80mi/week), and the Felt was not a good fit for the added miles. Even with it's relatively wide (32mm?) tires and somewhat upright geometry, it was a bumpy ride on the inconsistent Sacramento streets I cruise, and it's reach was really too long for my aging back. Plus, it has a fairly cheap crankset (some cheap FSA one) and Sora group which were having a lot of issues staying in adjustment.

4) Sirrus X 5.0.
When I decided that I couldn't deal with spending a lot more time on the Felt, I started researching alternatives. I didn't want a drop-bar bike, so I limited my search to hybrids. Started building a list of candidates that had the usual suspects, and the Sirrus was high on the list of contenders due to it's relaxed geometry and the FutureShock suspension. I was initially turned off by the X and it's wide tires and 1x gearing, but after I read a couple of reviews and did some research on gear/gain ratios, I realized that the 1x12 setup of the x 5.0 was actually a good fit for my needs. My main routes are generally flat with a few small hills, and the gearing of the Felt was always kind of an annoyance. I took a test ride on an X 3.0 instead of an X 5.0, but it gave me a good feel for the geometry and ride. It was comfortable (not surprising with how upright it is), but also much faster than I anticipated for a bike with wide tires (42mm on the 3.0, even wider than the 38s on the 5.0!) Having done some further research, it was pretty clear to me that there was no other bike that really made sense. I managed to find a x 5.0 available locally in blue and ordered it. (I thought about the green for a minute, but realized a matte finish bike was a bad idea from a long term standpoint.)

My initial take after two rides is that this bike is straight up fabulous. It's light, it's incredibly comfortable, and it's surprisingly fast. (I've been riding 4-5 times a week for the past two months. The two rides I've had so far on the Sirrus are 2 of my 3 fastest rides this year. Even with 38mm tires, only inflated to 55psi (vs 32mm tires at 75-80psi on the Felt). Even with today's ride in pretty windy conditions.) The FutureShock and the 38mm tires do a great job of softening old, cracked, bumpy pavement, and the power transfer on this bike feels great. Ride-wise, it feels way more like casual cruiser than road bike, but the power transfer is as good as any bike I've had, so it's no problem for me to get moving plenty fast with a good cadence. The shifting is smooth and the gearing is perfect for my needs. I'm totally sold on the simplicity of the 1x drivetrain. It turns more sharply than the Felt due to it's somewhat shorter wheelbase, but it doesn't feel twitchy. The saddle is quite small and that worried me, but it has been plenty comfortable so far. The sweep of the handlebars definitely helps with the relaxed feel, and the base grips are better than I would have thought (though I need to rotate them forward to better fit my grip position). The brakes are excellent, as one would expect from Shimano. I'd bought it fully anticipating I would want to switch the tires, but these 38mm Pathfinders are a great mix of comfortable and fast, so I'll be keeping them.

If I had to make a complaint, it would be that the cranks are a little clunky looking, and that they and the generic front sprocket seems a little cheap relative to the carbon frame and rest of the bike. That said, I've had no issues with them so far, so we'll see how they hold up with time.Oh, and the 'X' decal that's on the wheels looks pretty lame to me, so I'll probably be removing them soon. If those are the biggest complaints I can make, though, you know this is a solid bike.

Is it worth the price jump over the X 4.0? I probably would have been fine with either, though I definitely appreciate the extra gear that the 5.0 has, and the decreased weight due to the carbon frame probably helps a bit in the speed department. I think either would be a really solid choice for a wide range of riders.

Last edited by smccready; 05-12-20 at 09:47 PM. Reason: fixing formatting
Old 05-13-20, 12:09 AM
what_dehek

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by varmarockz1999
Would you happen to know if they would restock their out of stock bikes. I am interested in 5.0 but the size i am intersted in for 5.0 is out of stock in all of the local stores near me as well as specialized website.
It’s hard to say. I actually had to order my 6.0 from a city 3 hours next to mine as my LBS said specialized isn’t sending them anymore any time soon. I’m assuming that was covid related. I’m just happy the other place had a few left in stock. I pick mine up tomorrow!
Old 05-13-20, 12:11 AM
what_dehek

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BruceA78
Thanks for the info! I went ahead and ordered one today. Have you had to replace the saddle or grips or have any suggestions for must have add ons?
I don’t plan on doing any mods or adds for now. The stock bike looks awesome to be honest. I’m hoping my ass will be fine with the narrow seat. If not I’ll have to look in to alternatives. I’m going to add a bell and water bottle accessories and maybe a mount for my phone down the road
Old 05-16-20, 04:38 AM
jcs96

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sirrus X 4.0

Originally Posted by n0thing
The Cannondale Quick and Trek FX have their own threads, but not the Sirrus. I've seen many a Sirrus post on here so why not have a central one. Post up your Sirrus, ask questions, talk about the future of the Sirrus line, etc.
Hi, I've somehow managed to thread the crank arm of my Sirrus X 4.0 (not the gear side) and the pedal can't screw back in. I've been to a specialized concept store and they say specialized don't stock the part. It isn't the same crank as the other Sirrus X models - does anyone know where I could source this part in the UK? Many thanks
Old 05-18-20, 12:27 PM
what_dehek

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RayGu66
Hey RayGu,

I had a few days to ride my sirrus 6.0. I love it! Does your front derailleur take 2 clicks to go from large ring to small ring? With mine, if I’m in small ring I can use the thumb shifter half way and it will go to large cog with noise and I can go full turn and it will go to large with no noise. Then, to go back down to small ring I have to click twice. I’m assuming it’s supposed to be that way but thought I’d check!
Old 05-18-20, 12:54 PM
RayGu66

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hey RayGu,

I had a few days to ride my sirrus 6.0. I love it! Does your front derailleur take 2 clicks to go from large ring to small ring? With mine, if I’m in small ring I can use the thumb shifter half way and it will go to large cog with noise and I can go full turn and it will go to large with no noise. Then, to go back down to small ring I have to click twice. I’m assuming it’s supposed to be that way but thought I’d check!
Same problem! I asked the S'staff today, he said the shiftlevers is Mircoshift, not Shimano105, so the precision is little bit different, he said the only way is press it and wait 1-2 seconds.....
I did so and feel better for now, you can try this way.
Old 05-18-20, 03:08 PM
Laseranimal

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Had the same thing with my Sirius. It's intentional to allow you to "trim" the FD when you're cross-chained. Think small front ring with the smallest two gears on the cassette, you can move the FD to an intermediate position between the small and big ring so there's no chain rub.
Old 05-18-20, 03:48 PM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 771 Posts
Anyone know if 700 x 45 tires fit on a 2019 Sirrus Elite Carbon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.