Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-20, 10:54 AM
Danmozy66

Bikes: 1986 Specialized Sequoia, 1995 KHS Montana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Hi from Canada

Hi there. Long time user of these threads as a non-member, as invaluable resources that they are. Recently joined. Thank you for having me!

About me: I have been commuting around town for approx. 20 km per day with a rusty single speed/fixed for the last few years, but have not taken a real interest in gear too seriously until recently. I am now looking into getting a high end road/touring bike to do longer distances which I've begun to take an interest in since the pandemic arrived. I've recently just done my first century, and the reason I ended up joining was to post a 'wanted' thread for a better bike, specifically a spiffy vintage Italian one. And of course to begin contributing to discussions and to continue learning more about all this great stuff.

I have a feeling this is going to become a real obsession, if it hasn't already. One day I'd love to do the eroica ride.

For the gear question, it is pretty much currently nil - however I am going to go and look at a 1994 Specialized Allez Pro tonight (I know, not pre-1987 but still a real beauty). Wish me luck! And it's a pleasure to meet you all.

Here's a picture of my friend Lisa from our last ride (including an authentic Canadian canoe-style 'portage' and all), from this past weekend. Cheers! Dan

Last edited by Danmozy66; 06-26-20 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-26-20, 12:56 PM
browngw 

Bikes: 1965 Dilecta Le Blanc, 1956 Royal Nord, 1972 Raleigh Sports, 1972 CCM Turismo,1976 SuperCycle Excalibur, 2014 Salsa Vaya, 2017 Felt DD70, 2019 Giant Lafree and others

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 229 Posts
Welcome to BF from a fellow Canadian! When I retired 15 years ago, I restored an old Raleigh for a friend and bought a new Giant Hybrid. Since then vintage bikes, restorations, group rides and custom builds and repairs have become a central part of life. In our seventies my wife and I still ride lots but often use the new Ebikes on longer treks. My favourite vintage ride is a 1965 Dilecta Le Blanc made in France ( pictured here) and built up from a single speed conversion. The skyline looks like the GTA. We are on the shores of Lake Erie in Port Dover. Lots of Canadians on this Forum!
Old 06-26-20, 01:07 PM
Danmozy66

Bikes: 1986 Specialized Sequoia, 1995 KHS Montana

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
That's a beautiful looking bike, browngw. Thanks for sharing you story and thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 06-27-20, 07:42 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Likes For Rage:
Old 06-30-20, 05:25 AM
chat_rose

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post