Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Day 6 brand Dream 24 bike, size small

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 02-04-19, 08:04 AM
Ride_The_Wind

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good morning! I'm new to this site, as of yesterday. I'm 59 years old and trying to get back into riding. I rode and rode all over Houston when I was a kid and continued to ride through most of my life. At around 40, after my husband died in a car accident, I kind of lost my desire to do much of anything, including riding my bike. But, finally, I'm feeling the need to get out there once again. My issue though is that I cannot tolerate any traditional bike seats nor the leaning over with a 10 speed bike. I've been trying out as many 'comfort' bikes as I can, but cannot find a Day 6 brand Dream 24 size small bike to test ride. I've had a 10 speed bike with a very large seat that was very comfortable on my tush, but I still couldn't take the numbness that I got in my neck and shoulders. I'm hoping that a Day 6 bike might be the right thing for me.

Is there anyone in the Austin, Texas area that might have one that I could test ride? As I mentioned in another post that I made, I'm awaiting a return call from the owner of Day 6 brand for some assistance.

Ride on!! Thank you.