Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have experience with using muscle oxygen

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Old 01-29-19, 02:07 PM
mgopack42 

Bikes: 2020 Argon 18 Krypton Pro, 1985 Masi 3V Volumetrica, 3Rensho Super Record Aero, 2022 Trek District 4.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 206 Posts

I have been seeing this Humon Hex device for measuring muscle oxygenation as a way to evaluate lactate levels and lactate threshold. has anyone seen information or have experience? I tend to like data, data more data. what i read tells me that this might be better than FTP for training, as the work you can do will change from day to day, by conditions, etc. comments, thoughts?
Old 01-29-19, 05:37 PM
newduguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I like the idea of logging muscle oxygen, but I'd pass on the Hex and get Moxy. Moxy is far more expensive, but it's a research-quality device. I'm a member of Humon's facebook group and lots of users aren't happy with their Hex and put me off to buying one. I think a lot of people expected Hex to be some magical device that will give you more insight into your training, but their platform is a big miss. You need to be able to interpret the data yourself, and that's almost impossible for most people for a variety of reasons.

It's a neat device, but I think it'll share the same fate as BSX Insight.