Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Short Captain Taller Stoker: Is this possible?

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Short Captain Taller Stoker: Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-19, 08:28 AM
alias5000

Bikes: HP Velotechnik Streetmachine GTE, 2015 Devinci Silverstone SL4, 2012 Cannondale Road Tandem 2, Circe Morpheus, 2021 Rose Backroad, 2017 Devinci Hatchet

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
I am very curious about testing a semi-recumbent and so I have dine some reading on this. Generally, the reviews point to those tandems as fun, but slower tandems than upright ones. The Pino is nowhere near the weight range of a calfee dragonfly and some people mentioned that the seating positions are not best for power output.

There also is the Circe Morpheus which is cheaper than Pino but receiving quite comparable reviews for most use cases.
Old 02-05-19, 09:39 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 450 Posts
You have to ask yourself, are you riding a tandem to go fast or just to build a relationship with someone?

Enjoying a ride on a tandem has everything to do with compromise.
If your tandem partner is not on the ride for going fast and get every bit of power into forward moving motion; likely a fast tandem or fast tandem ride is not going to be enjoyable for your partner.

Personally, I can say that enjoy any ride when I'm comfortable on the bike; therefore comfort takes priority over being fast on a bike... comfort is less of a priority when it comes to racing, do you plan on racing on your next tandem?

Last edited by cat0020; 02-06-19 at 12:28 PM.