Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Marinoni Special

Old 10-27-19, 02:01 PM
Mdl
Montedino

Bikes: Bertin, Ross Mt Hood; Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Marinoni Special

Hi,
Would anyone know whether this Marinoni Special bike with Campy Daytona components is a good value? Adhuntr and Ebay searches didn't turn up much.

Thanks in advance for any info you may provide.

The ad is located here: https://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik...975826993.html
Old 10-27-19, 03:05 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,456 Posts
Holy Cow!!! great paint

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 10-27-19, 03:43 PM
Mdl
Montedino

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Holy Cow!!! great paint

Yeah. It’s cool, right?
I dunno, what do you think about the price?
Old 10-27-19, 03:47 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 1,706 Times in 620 Posts
Nice bike top end 90's limited production frame set with really nice paint hand built in Canada with some nice components. As for value it's a bit on the high side for a Daytona equipped bike I would put that value at 600-700 CAD in the current market.

Last edited by zukahn1; 10-27-19 at 03:51 PM.
Likes For zukahn1:
Old 10-27-19, 05:52 PM
Mdl
Montedino

Originally Posted by zukahn1
Nice bike top end 90's limited production frame set with really nice paint hand built in Canada with some nice components. As for value it's a bit on the high side for a Daytona equipped bike I would put that value at 600-700 CAD in the current market.
Thanks for the advice, Zukahn.

Would you mind if I ask whether you’re basing the value on Marinoni sales or comparable US market bikes?
Old 10-27-19, 06:08 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked 3,034 Times in 1,874 Posts
Daytona would push this into the early 2000s but it looks older to me. While the cosmetic condition is great, the lack of the traditional Marinoni 'M' on the fork crown hurts. I have this same frameset adorned with 1991 Campagnolo C-Record and I'd place it 2nd or 3rd of the literally dozens of high end bicycles I've owned and ridden. Still, that's a really high price. Circa 2000, the stock Marinoni Squadra (Columbus SLX) with Daytona retailed for $1600 US. Even allowing a premium for the brand, condition and high priced market, it is very highly priced considering the time of year and fork. Ideally, I'd want to get this for around $500 US. If it really turns your crank, you could go up into the $600 US range but the the fact that it's be sitting 2 months tells you its priced far too high for the market.
Likes For T-Mar:
Old 10-30-19, 01:31 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 1,706 Times in 620 Posts
I was going by Marioni sales and asking prices which seem to be mostly in major Canadian markets. We don't see that many of these in the US and when they do come up they don't do as well as similar bikes by better known makers. I would agree with T-Mar that the frame set is likely older than the Daytona stuff which was likely added later, the stem bars and seat post would date it late 80's early 90's.