Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback
Reload this Page >

Survey: What keeps you from riding in bike more often?

Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 09:03 AM
pasto11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Everyone! I am working on a project and I want to understand what keeps people from riding in bike more often?

Its a really short survey it will only take you 5 secs and it will help me with our project.

We want to present it here, together with other backing documentation, to the local government in my district in order to promote the usage of bicycles.

Thank you!!!

Survey link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1666...?usp=send_form
Old 02-26-16, 06:57 AM
Viich
Hack

Bikes: TrueNorth CX bike, 88 Bianchi Strada (currently Sturmey'd), Yess World Cup race BMX, Pure Cruiser race BMX, RSD Mayor v3 Fatbike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 190 Times in 132 Posts
Probably not relevant to your goals, but definitely a meter of snow on the ground and a coating of ice in the few spots the bike paths are cleared.
In one word:
Winter.
Old 02-26-16, 07:00 AM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Just laziness, or being tired that is a result of staying up way too late and staying in bed too long in the am
Old 02-26-16, 02:42 PM
Sirrus Rider
Velocommuter Commando

Bikes: '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Cold weather. I hate having to stop and peel layers off to regulate my temperature. I rather have on but a single layer and that meets a temp of 65 f or better.
Old 02-26-16, 02:46 PM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Lousy weather, mostly rain, sleet, snow or other forms of precipitation. I ride and bike commute year-round and cold temperatures don't bother me. But I don't like getting wet or riding on icy roads. Occasionally I will also skip riding due to extremely hot and humid weather during the summer months, but that's mainly an issue when temperatures rise above 100 F, which doesn't happen very often here.
Old 08-21-16, 03:54 PM
DaAnKaLiDoGz

Bikes: 2 Wabi fixed/single speed, 1 Nashbar steel cyclocross, 1 16 speed Handsome Devil city bike, 1 Brompton 6 speed.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Extreme heat and rain in summer and the city where I live Baton Rouge, La. has very few bicycling conveniences such as racks, dedicated lanes and so forth. Those who ride as a means of transportation in Baton Rouge are for the most part on their own as automobile drivers don't seem to know how to coexist with cyclists.
Old 08-21-16, 04:07 PM
rossiny

Bikes: Trek 970, Bianchi Volpe,Casati

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 87 Posts
No transit system to run at regular intervals. So u can go any time u want on a train and ride to your destination.