Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Found me a Bianchi San Jose for cheap

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-17, 12:13 PM
Sirrus Rider
Velocommuter Commando

Bikes: '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts

I've been Jonesing for the San Jose for number of reasons. First and foremost that it can be adapted to an IGH and if using an 8speed Alfine become a San Jose8. Secondly, I can't keep a drivetrain on my '07 Sirrus.

Well, I came into a San Jose in a 44cm over the weekend via online auction. My question for the forum is should I get an Alfine 8 and do the classic San Jose8 or should I go for the 11 speed Alfine and make a San Jose11? I live in Houston so there are no hills (Unless freeway overpasses count) I know neither will mach up exactly to my Sirrus' 48-38-28 front to 23 x 12 rear, but how does the ratios match up between the Alfine 8 and the 11??