Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Bikesomewhere.com

Old 12-17-04, 07:22 PM
Bop Bop
The Iceman cometh!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bikesomewhere.com

Today I did some online shopping for a lock and chain. I started with Performace, they had what I was looking for at $54.99. I Goggled the item and came up with a site called Bikesomewhere.com, located in Coconut Beach, Florida. They had the same item at $39.99. I checked a few more sites and when all was said and done I placed the order with BSW. With ground shipping the total cost was $45.94 or $9.00 less than Performances price without shipping.

Before someone says it, yes I know about Performances Price Match, but as it states on their web site that this delays the order (does not say how long) I chose to place my order elsewhere.

The surprising thing was an hour or so later I received an email from BSW that my order had already shipped by DHL. Their site had indicated the item normaly ships in two to three days. I thought the email was a mistake, especially at this time of the year, but sure enough I went to the DHL web site and it not only shipped but has already left the Miami airport. I'm not trying say BSW does this for every order, but I am glad it did with this order.
Old 12-17-04, 07:32 PM
randya

Bikes: who cares?

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I checked some of the Bikesomewhere.com lock prices against BicycleBuys.com. The OnGuard locks I recently purchased from BicycleBuys.com were comparable in price at both sites, maybe a couple of bucks less expensive at BicycleBuys (better selection, too).

https://www.bicyclebuys.com/HTML/Locks.htm
Old 12-17-04, 07:42 PM
Bop Bop
The Iceman cometh!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Randya,

Thanks for the FYI. I just checked them and they do not carry the On Guard lock I bought.