Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help With Airdyne Chain Adjustment

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-19, 03:58 PM
Johnnypegs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys, I知 new to the forum and seeking some advice. I bought an Early Schwinn Airdyne AD3, cleaned it up painted it and replaced some parts and now I知 having problems with the fan hitting the chain when I tighten The bolts. If anyone knows the tightening sequence I would Greatly appreciate it if you would share. I havent Found anything online about it so I知 reaching out on here. Thank you in advance
Old 06-19-19, 07:41 PM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked 783 Times in 413 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnnypegs
Hey guys, I知 new to the forum and seeking some advice. I bought an Early Schwinn Airdyne AD3, cleaned it up painted it and replaced some parts and now I知 having problems with the fan hitting the chain when I tighten The bolts. If anyone knows the tightening sequence I would Greatly appreciate it if you would share. I havent Found anything online about it so I知 reaching out on here. Thank you in advance
This might be a question for the Bicycle Maintenance forum. And even then a helpful answer might be hard to come by since the thing isn't actually a bicycle. But...thinking of the fan as the wheel in that setup...I'd make sure that it's mounted straight/evenly in what would be the fork dropouts. And are you aware of any spacers that might be missing and thereby causing the tightened bolts to draw everything closer together than it all should be...making the chain to close to the fan? If that's all good, I'd then look at the blades on the fan. Do the independent blades pivot in order to give the fan a narrower profile so that it isn't rubbing on the chain?

Dan
Old 06-20-19, 06:35 AM
ribikeguy
Just another bike nut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just sold my old AD3, wish I hadn稚 now, great bikes!