Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Another Recumbent Rider

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Another Recumbent Rider

Old 12-23-04, 10:28 AM
Bud Bent
Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello. I am 53 years old, and live in Arlington, Tx. I own a Tsunami T-1 SWB recumbent, and a Sun EZ Tandem. I just got my bike in September, and aside from test rides, it was my first bicyle riding in 40 years, so I'm still a newbie to all of it. I try to ride 4 days a week, put in 70 to 100 miles. I've joined a local cycling club, so I ride a lot with people on df's. They're all nice, never make fun of my kickstand or anything (I have a kickstand because (1) I already look like a geek anyway since I'm on a recumbent, and (2) I need to lose 20 lbs, so there's no point in being too much of a weight weenie to have a kickstand until I do that). I've only had the tandem for a couple of weeks. I think my wife and I are really going to enjoy it.

Old 12-23-04, 12:22 PM
Bop Bop
The Iceman cometh!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bud,

Welcome to the Forums. If you have not already done so drop in and say hello in the Fifty Plus and Recumbent Sub Forums.

I ride an EZ Sport Ltd.
Old 12-29-04, 11:03 AM
rlong

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey,
2 new bikes in the same year! Dude I am seriously jealous. My wife and I did triathlons for a few years and I would love to get her back into the race on a tandem, or any bike for that matter. Love the bent to,as I just began to investigate them myself on this website. Please report back about your experiences with the small bike. Personal experiences seem to be difficult to find (yet very important) when looking at bents.
Welcome