Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Disc brakes in road racing

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Disc brakes in road racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-18, 12:19 PM
spectastic
commu*ist spy

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by spdntrxi
I dont know but once my disc gravel/road bike is built I'm fire selling all my high end carbon (enve) I have already off'd my full disc TT wheels and some other stuff. Eventually in 1-2 years I'll go disc on my TT bike as well and be disc only. I'm not going to wait for the basement.. but I think the basement is 2-3 or more years away.
I don't understand the rationale for disc tt bike. is it so that the brakes work well in the rain?
Old 08-03-18, 12:41 PM
ntnyln

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by spectastic
I don't understand the rationale for disc tt bike. is it so that the brakes work well in the rain?
My guess would be shared wheels on the amateur/rec level. By having disk road and TT it removes one more objection to overcome in the sale. It's a niche for sure, but if your going to develop disc anyway you might as well go all in.
Old 08-03-18, 01:41 PM
spdntrxi

Bikes: not enough

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 52 Posts
Originally Posted by spectastic
well I can be pretty wet coming from the swim in a tri.. I’m kidding. For me it’s consolidation . I’m already keeping the Enve 7.8 longer then any other because they will be my only rim brakes wheelset for a bit.