Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Next generation Domane...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-18, 11:36 AM
dvai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

How often does Trek come up with a new generation bike?

I wonder when is the next Domane coming. 2020?
I think the last year when they introduced a new Domane was 2017
Old 07-22-18, 04:59 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by dvai
How often does Trek come up with a new generation bike?

I wonder when is the next Domane coming. 2020?
I think the last year when they introduced a new Domane was 2017
I can't answer your question, but curious as to why you're asking. Are you waiting for rear IsoSpeed like in the new Madone? That's not something that would make me wait and I can't really think of anything else that would.
Old 07-22-18, 06:08 PM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I can't answer your question, but curious as to why you're asking. Are you waiting for rear IsoSpeed like in the new Madone? That's not something that would make me wait and I can't really think of anything else that would.
the iso speed tech started with the Domane. The reason the Madone iso speed is on the top tube is to allow the same level of compliance across all sizes of frames, according to Trek. I guess the range of compliance is less on the smaller frames with the iso speed on the seat tube.
Old 07-22-18, 06:15 PM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by colnago62
the iso speed tech started with the Domane. The reason the Madone iso speed is on the top tube is to allow the same level of compliance across all sizes of frames, according to Trek. I guess the range of compliance is less on the smaller frames with the iso speed on the seat tube.
I'm aware of all of that.
Old 07-23-18, 07:10 AM
dvai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Well, more than the system founf in the new Madone, I was curious maybe they will come up with an even better front and rear iso speed.

Seems they launch Emondas, Madones and then Domane in a row. This year they launched the new Madone (2019), so maybe we will see the new Domane next year as a 2020 model.
Old 07-23-18, 07:49 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,990 Times in 1,777 Posts
Sounds like the C.F. bikes are still trying to come up with the compliance naturally there with a good steel bike, LOL! I keed, I keed......
Old 07-23-18, 08:19 AM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by dvai
Well, more than the system founf in the new Madone, I was curious maybe they will come up with an even better front and rear iso speed.

Seems they launch Emondas, Madones and then Domane in a row. This year they launched the new Madone (2019), so maybe we will see the new Domane next year as a 2020 model.
I can't see them releasing a third variant of rear IsoSpeed - if they had something else in the works, why bother with the new implementation seen on the Madone? As far as the front IsoSpeed, I don't think that they'd be able to do much more than tweak the system already in place, given the dynamics of the fork/HT/bars area (I can't see them going to a shock-based system like Specialized or ShockStop). Maybe they'd refresh the aesthetics a bit, but other than the rear Iso, I don't know what else would be worth an additional 1-2 year wait (and I don't think that I'd wait that long for the new rear Iso).