Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vintage Bike - Condorino?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-20, 05:40 AM
mega_biscoito

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello

I'm interested in buying a vintage style bike. I saw some models in Italian brand sites (Cinzia, Alpina and Adriatica) and I was thinking buying the model Adriatica Condorino.

I feel that this is an iconic model (the Condorino) but I just can't seem to find the story of the model? Who created it? Where does the name comes from?

Also don't know what is the brand with the best Condorino model? Perhaps the Cinzia or Alpina can be better than the Adriatica?

Are there any other vintage models bikes worth looking at? I just made a fast search. Maybe there are other interesting models?

Thank you
Old 06-14-20, 06:01 AM
iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 3015 Post(s)
Liked 3,802 Times in 1,408 Posts
For vintage bikes, condorino is probably not a type of bike, I believe it only refers to the handlebar name. Some "Sport" model bikes bikes use condorino bars, but not all. I also think they are a post-war style of handlebar. I have no idea of the "inventor" but they are based on motorcycle handlebar design, which I believe came prior to the bike handlebars.

You seem to be looking at modern retrobikes. As for which, they are all probably similar. If you are looking for a vintage Sport bike with condorino bars, most every major Italian manufacturer made one. Again, they were all pretty much the same, so pick out the color or brand you like.
Likes For iab:
Old 06-14-20, 06:36 AM
kermie

Bikes: 2014 Fuji Cross 2.0 LE, 1993 Santana Vision, 1993 Specialized Allez Pro, 1993 Trek 930, 1985 Panasonic DX3000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 56 Posts
I also see Reid Bicycles are retro style models. The thing with retro styled models, is there really isn't going to be much "history". They are made to resemble vintage bicycles. As to which one is better, you may see if you can track some owner reviews. The best option as always would be to see the bicycle in person, though I do understand it's not always possible. Talk to a local bike shop and see if they can guide you in the direction you want to go in.