Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Get rid of G3 hub wheel?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Get rid of G3 hub wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-20, 07:52 PM
Hunterdog

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Roubaix Expert. 2015 Specialized Roubaix SL4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Get rid of G3 hub wheel?

A few years ago I hired a trainer and I had Easton R90 SL rims built with DT Swiss front hub and Power Tap G3 rear hub, disk brake. I did train hard for a year until I suffered a high hamstring injury that, while improved, I am afraid is not going away, especially at 63 years-old. I don’t train with power any more and doubt I will again. I am thinking of having an R90 SL rim built-up with DT Swiss rear center lock hub then eBay the G3 hub based wheel. I just don’t like the looks of the Power Tap hub that I’m not using and I will drop a little weight. Does this make any sense?
Old 06-30-20, 09:51 PM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
makes zero sense. The G3 hub actually rolls very well, just as fast as any DT Swiss hub.
The weight saving will be nothing
Likes For aclinjury:
Old 07-01-20, 09:56 AM
popeye

Bikes: S works Tarmac, Felt TK2 track

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 111 Posts
If nothing else you can track calories acturately. As an older rider I find it an invaluable tool to track fitness over a number of years. Often I will get home and say "that was a !@#$ ride" only to find I set a personal best.

Last edited by popeye; 07-01-20 at 10:04 AM.
Likes For popeye:
Old 07-01-20, 10:09 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
Makes sense only if you have to have another wheel and this wheel and hub will be taking up space.

Just because you aren't planning on training or training by power, doesn't mean you won't be curious what your number is when others talk about their wattage for certain things.