Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Cannondale R600 Frame Size

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-19, 03:06 PM
Irenicus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Can someone tell me exactly how I figure out the frame size on a 2001 Cannondale R600? I think the measurement starts from the center of the crankshaft but not sure where it is supposed to end.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-19, 04:55 PM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 1,057 Times in 631 Posts
I've seen people measure to the top of the seat collar before, that's obviously wrong.
Old 07-07-19, 08:47 PM
Irenicus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hazetguy
The 2001 catalog is super difficult to read on vintagecannondale. This was a link thorugh the US 2001 catalog. It shows seat tube dimensions as being from center of bottom bracket to top of top tube:
Cannondale Geometry - CAAD5, CAAD4 Road

i agree that cannondale sizes are quasi-accurate and can be mysterious. best bet is to see the actual bike in person and see if it works for you. took me a couple tries to find the correct cannondale size for me.
I assume it's the "D" measurement. Looks like I have a 54cm frame on the bike I just bought. It feels super nice riding it BUT I was kind of fearful of this. The guy who sold it to me said it was a 'large' frame and that it fits someone 5'9'' to 6'' in height. I probably should have done the research prior but it still seems to fit really nice (I stand 5'11 tall so I think a 56cm frame would have been more ideal according to most bike frame charts). Regardless I have heard that these measurements are different for each brand of bicycle and will fit differently too - the bike feels perfect so I guess it's not a huge deal.. if it starts to feel uncomfortable I guess I can keep adjusting it.