Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Diagnosis help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-23, 05:32 PM
Jimhay420

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Diagnosis help please

my E bike stopped working out of the blue and it has power display works. Turn the throttle or pedal and get nothing. The wattage display just says 000. Sensor works, battery good and display works and no error codes. How can I figure out if it’s the speed control or the hub motor?
Old 06-28-23, 05:56 PM
Inusuit

Bikes: 1995 Specialized Rockhopper,1989 Specialized Rock Combo, 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 278 Posts
Difficult to diagnose without more information. Can you take it to a dealer or shop?
Old 06-28-23, 06:09 PM
Jimhay420

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Inusuit
Difficult to diagnose without more information. Can you take it to a dealer or shop?
Not really one close enough, what information would be most helpful to find an answer?
Old 06-30-23, 09:13 AM
Inusuit

Bikes: 1995 Specialized Rockhopper,1989 Specialized Rock Combo, 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 278 Posts
I don't know much about ebikes. You should have posted this in the Electric Bikes section where the experts on such things dwell.

I assume it would be helpful to know all the details. What brand of bike, what motor, where did you get it, how many miles, etc. You can hit the report button (circle with a red exclamation mark and ask the mods to move your post.