Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Bryton Rider 310 tips & tricks

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Bryton Rider 310 tips & tricks

Old 09-09-18, 06:40 PM
scubascuba

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by santi31
Hi, Stephen,

My Rider 310 has suddenly decided to display wrong hour ( 4h over normal ).
I have tried all possible things ( reloaded new update, reset to factory settings......) with no change.
Sometimes, when starting the device, hour is correct but it shifts again after few minutes.

Any idea ??
The time comes from the gps, not much you can do if there is a fault. I think you can only adjust the time by 0.5 or 1 hour but it's worth double checking that
Old 02-09-19, 03:50 PM
iambent

Bikes: RANS Stratus 700, Bacchetta Corsa, HPV Gekko FX 20, Rover Tandem

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rider 530 Notifications

I've been using a Bryton Rider 530 for over a year. Everything has always worked well on the device. I always uploaded my rides to Bryton Active through WiFi and then synced to Strava through Bryton Active. This has all been flawless. I never activated the notifications feature, so decided I would give it a try since I carry my phone in my bike bag, thought it would be nice to receive notifications on the 530 for calls and texts. I figured this would be easy like every other feature I have used on the 530. Wow was I ever wrong.

I had no issue pairing the Bluetooth. I can sync 530 with BT, and see the 530 grid in the Bryton app, but call and texts notifications just do not show up on the 530 device. I have the notifications button in the phone app and have calls and texts turned on. Have the latest firmware version on the device. My phone is a Samsung Android and I thought maybe it has something to do with the Android OS. So I tried the notifications on my iPad and have the same issue in iOS. Tried it on my wife's new Huawei phone which has a much newer version of Android than my phone, but still the same issue with notifications. I am really stuck and not sure what else I can do to correct the notifications issue. I am a retired network administrator, so know my way around computers, but just can find no way to resolve this issue.

I have contacted Bryton support, but have not received an answer. Their support is a crapshoot. Sometimes they respond and sometimes they don't. They say to request support through their support webpage, but if you go that route you will never get a reply. Best shot for support is through email. Whenever I email Bryton support and complain that they never answered my web request, their response is we are having issues with the web application. So why do they insist to submit a request through the web instead of email. Makes no sense.

Anyway, if anyone has had the issue of the notifications not working and was able to correct the problem, please let me know your resolution.
Old 02-10-19, 06:41 PM
scubascuba

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I still have the 310 which I really like, but its a pity Bryton support is so abysmal. That's why i wouldn't buy a more expensive model. Bryton is only worthwhile if you can buy cheaper
Old 02-10-19, 07:20 PM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
I have the 310 and it seems to work fine. the only thing that is odd is that some rides don't upload to the phone. I used to upload to the phone and then from there to Strava.
Not a big deal really since I just track with my phone directly (Strava and Samsung Health).

Oh, it froze at -20°F, but that is expected from nay battery device. Works fine at 0°F and above.
Old 02-14-19, 10:04 PM
rluke258

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i suppose it works with Garmin sensors?
Old 02-15-19, 06:08 PM
HerrKaLeun

Originally Posted by rluke258
i suppose it works with Garmin sensors?
should work with all ANT and BLT sensors.
i have a $10 noname cadence sensor that works with it.
Old 02-17-19, 06:38 PM
scubascuba

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun
I have the 310 and it seems to work fine. the only thing that is odd is that some rides don't upload to the phone. I used to upload to the phone and then from there to Strava.

I have the same problem, occasionally the app won't upload the ride. I think they tried to fix it as it happens less often now. See the change where the ride gets a reference name? maybe this is to do with it.
Sometimes its very slow to upload to the app, often retrys several times before finally uploading
Old 02-17-19, 09:20 PM
HerrKaLeun

Originally Posted by scubascuba
I have the same problem, occasionally the app won't upload the ride. I think they tried to fix it as it happens less often now. See the change where the ride gets a reference name? maybe this is to do with it.
Sometimes its very slow to upload to the app, often retrys several times before finally uploading
I also didn't want to wait in my garage to upload the ride to my phone.....
Just easier to use the phone for tracking. I only need the bike computer for instant view of real time cadence and speed.
Old 05-01-19, 08:21 PM
HerrKaLeun

I encountered a new problem now that it is warm enough to use both my bikes. Each bike has its own cadence sensor on the crank. Pairing was easy and they work flawlessly.... until I switch bikes. Then I have to repair tie computer with the "new" cadence sensor. works fine again as long as i ride the same bike and when i switch back to the other bike i need to repair that sensor.

Is there way to have 2 cadence sensor and have it use the one in use automatically? both sensors are the same type (my 410 from ebay), and have different ID.

In hope to resolve above issue I tried to update the firmware via windows, but the update software doesn't do anything. It used to work when the Bryton was new. I re-installed the software multiple times.
it basically tells me to connect the device (which I did) and the buttons on the software do nothing.

I just send an email to support to see what they say. but my hope is one of the best & brightest here can help :-)
Old 08-05-19, 07:23 PM
scubascuba

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A friend and I who have 310s have a problem the same time. The heart rate monitor isn't working from 2 days ago. Battery changed but still the same. It seems to connect to the 310, the pulse is shown on the 310 plus the light flashes on the HRM. Occasionally during the ride it shows a heart rate then stops. Anyone else had the same problem the last few days?