Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Background Color for the reply text screen

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07, 12:00 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Is there any way a user can change the background color for the screen where one types the message for a reply?

One of my computers - the one I use for traveling, is an older computer, and has limited color choices. The gray background on the reply screen is so dark that the text is practically indistinguishable form the background. I need a white background. How can I do this?
Old 10-12-07, 01:07 PM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
I don't know how to change the background colour (and it probably can't be changed), but have you tried changing the colour of the words so that you could perhaps see the text more clearly and then switch back to black when you've previewed your post?

East Hill
Old 10-12-07, 02:27 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Originally Posted by East Hill
I don't know how to change the background colour (and it probably can't be changed), but have you tried changing the colour of the words so that you could perhaps see the text more clearly and then switch back to black when you've previewed your post?

East Hill
How would one do that?

I have messed with the "display" mode of xp pro, and it has heloed with the display associaterd with the XP portion, but once I 'leave" XP, it makes no difference to the separate BFN ssoftware.

I can read the posts just fine, after they are posted. I can't read what I am writing when typing in the specific "reply" mode, which uses a much darker background.

The color of the typeface when in reply mode can't be chanfged, seemingly. It is only once posted that it can be changed.
Old 10-12-07, 05:27 PM
darrencope

Bikes: Colnago Classic, Kona Dr. Dew, Giant ATX 740, Bianchi Strada, Eclipse Time Machine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why not compose your post in Notepad or another editor, then cut and paste it into the browser window when complete?
Old 10-12-07, 05:46 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Originally Posted by darrencope
Why not compose your post in Notepad or another editor, then cut and paste it into the browser window when complete?
Good idea, and I do that at times. I was just hoping there was a user option that I could change so I would not have to do the extra steps.

Thanks for your idea!
Old 10-13-07, 01:49 AM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
How would one do that?

I have messed with the "display" mode of xp pro, and it has heloed with the display associaterd with the XP portion, but once I 'leave" XP, it makes no difference to the separate BFN ssoftware.

I can read the posts just fine, after they are posted. I can't read what I am writing when typing in the specific "reply" mode, which uses a much darker background.

The color of the typeface when in reply mode can't be chanfged, seemingly. It is only once posted that it can be changed.
You are correct, in that it can't be changed when one is writing a reply, but I try to do a preview before I post, so perhaps it's just that I have a different style of posting?

The cut and past thing works too...

It's a good suggestion though, as there must be other people who have vision problems which make the dark grey background difficult to use.

East Hill
Old 10-13-07, 05:04 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

You are correct, in that it can't be changed when one is writing a reply, but I try to do a preview before I post, so perhaps it's just that I have a different style of posting?

The cut and past thing works too...

It's a good suggestion though, as there must be other people who have vision problems which make the dark grey background difficult to use.

East Hill
Even if (and I usually do) a preview - if I find errors, they must be corrected on that dark grey screen background, and it is much work to try and find the incorrect letters - reference the errors in my last post (above) which was done on that computer.

Could we forward this thread to Brian? I would guess that of the 60,000 members there are others who have similar problems.

Certainly changing the default color for the "reply screen" would be within the parameters of the BB software.
Old 10-13-07, 06:05 AM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Even if (and I usually do) a preview - if I find errors, they must be corrected on that dark grey screen background, and it is much work to try and find the incorrect letters - reference the errors in my last post (above) which was done on that computer.

Could we forward this thread to Brian? I would guess that of the 60,000 members there are others who have similar problems.

Certainly changing the default color for the "reply screen" would be within the parameters of the BB software.
Yes, I noticed that I made an error too .

Surely there are others who find it difficult to distinguish between the shades of grey, just as you do.

Might be worth sending the idea to the administrators.

East Hill
Old 10-13-07, 06:13 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Yes, I noticed that I made an error too .

Surely there are others who find it difficult to distinguish between the shades of grey, just as you do.

Might be worth sending the idea to the administrators.

East Hill
I sent a PM to Brian and others