Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Citizen Bike (ROME) Review?

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Old 01-12-20, 09:51 PM
easports611

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone here have experience with Citizen Bike? Specifically, the Rome model? Even more specifically - with the Muffin airless tires?

I am looking to purchase a bike to bring on a plane, and this seems like the best reasonable option I can find online. I have not been able to find many reviews for it, though.

Thanks.
Old 01-13-20, 05:37 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked 839 Times in 584 Posts
Originally Posted by easports611
Does anyone here have experience with Citizen Bike? Specifically, the Rome model? Even more specifically - with the Muffin airless tires?

I am looking to purchase a bike to bring on a plane, and this seems like the best reasonable option I can find online. I have not been able to find many reviews for it, though.

Thanks.
Old 01-14-20, 08:10 AM
tomtomtom123

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 90 Posts
There are similar frames imported by Solorock, although there are slight differences, such as the fender mount, latch shape, handlebar stem folding direction, front luggage truss mount. Although Solorock says 12kg (including the rack, fender, double wall rim), while Citizen says 20 LB. But the Solorock is cheaper.
https://solorock.us/collections/fold...m-folding-bike

Or with hanger and derailleur.
https://solorock.us/collections/fold...m-folding-bike

I wonder how reliable the frames are, whether or not the hinge welds will snap off, like another brand frequently does.

Last edited by tomtomtom123; 01-14-20 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-14-20, 04:01 PM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
I looked at that bike on Citizen's website back in 2018 and they had an introductory offer for about $499 where you would get the bike together with a travel case and the Muffin air free tires already installed. As our friends in the UK would say, a "cracking deal". Now those two items are optional though the price has come down for just the bike alone. Seems like a nice compact bike that can be used as quickly available transportation for short distances or multi-modal use.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-20, 03:13 PM
L92

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did you end up getting it?

Thanks.
I'm also curious about the Muffin airless tires! Would love to know how you're liking it if you got that one