Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Thread for Specialized Sirrus

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Thread for Specialized Sirrus

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-20, 08:04 AM
Way2Slow

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus X 5.0

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mojo31
if you are in the San Francisco area, there are several shops that appear to have the Sirrus 4.0 in medium available:

Tam Bikes in Mill Valley 415-389-1900
Cyclepath in Hayward 510-314-8656

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/si...ext=90920-5003
Cyclepath is the one you can only test ride in the store. Might have to go check out the one in Mill Valley
Old 09-14-20, 08:07 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
At least it's a pretty drive to Mill Valley!
Old 09-14-20, 02:35 PM
lelenz

Bikes: Sirrus X-4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mojo, what town did you buy the bike?
Old 09-14-20, 02:41 PM
Way2Slow

Originally Posted by lelenz
How you liking your X4?
Old 09-14-20, 03:10 PM
lelenz

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I like it alot. I have just under 500 miles on it from my early June purchase. Very pleased!
Old 09-14-20, 03:37 PM
Mojo31
-------

Cycle One in Lawton.

The week before we went, my daughter summited her first 14'er in CO. I sent her a picture from my first "summit", a 2'er, at the top of Mount Scott. Of course I drove whereas she propelled herself.
Old 09-16-20, 08:59 AM
lelenz

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I don't believe I would want to bike up to the top of Mt. Scott myself, but I could handle the descent :-) Thanks for your reply. I am starting to see bikes trickle in the shops in OKC now.
Old 09-16-20, 10:24 AM
Mojo31
-------

I don't believe I would want to bike up to the top of Mt. Scott myself, but I could handle the descent :-) Thanks for your reply. I am starting to see bikes trickle in the shops in OKC now.
Don't think for a moment that I rode up. Or down. Lol.

Old 09-16-20, 10:28 AM
Sal Bandini

Bikes: 2017 Sirrus Sport

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Don't think for a moment that I rode up. Or down. Lol.

I always liked those bar ends. I wish I knew who made them since you can't buy them from Specialized.
Old 09-16-20, 10:44 AM
Mojo31
-------

I like them as well. An allen wrench fits into the bar ends so you have your "tool" all the time.
Old 09-18-20, 10:28 AM
cooper five

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TigerG I have the same bike as you and wanting to put a rear rack on. Thanks for the advise just checking before I go ahead that it all still works and would you do anything different? Also do you know how tight you attached to the seat post on Nm and can you just clarify where you the washers? Appreciate it thanks.
Old 09-20-20, 05:32 PM
ps249

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Still lovin my 2019 Sirrus carbon elite. It is by far the best bike for long treks for me. I will always own a Specialized Sirrus. Its the only bike I have owned that I did not have to swap out the seat. Very comfortable ride on long treks. I am a huge fan of the bar ends.

Last edited by ps249; 09-20-20 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-22-20, 01:37 PM
Way2Slow

Picked this up Saturday night! Went out for a quick spin and after a couple times around the block I felt some clicking through the pedals with noise coming from the bottom bracket. I didn't want to make matters worse so I stopped riding and took the bike back to the LBS yesterday. Long story short, I ended up returning the bike. I was bummed because this silver flake in person is an awesome color, the bike is so light 22.3 lbs and those R9 shifters with ball bearing gave great feedback. Oh well, wasn't meant to be...
Old 09-22-20, 01:58 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by Way2Slow

Picked this up Saturday night! Went out for a quick spin and after a couple times around the block I felt some clicking through the pedals with noise coming from the bottom bracket. I didn't want to make matters worse so I stopped riding and took the bike back to the LBS yesterday. Long story short, I ended up returning the bike. I was bummed because this silver flake in person is an awesome color, the bike is so light 22.3 lbs and those R9 shifters with ball bearing gave great feedback. Oh well, wasn't meant to be...
That's unfortunate. That's a very nice bike; an improperly-installed or factory-defective b/b is a quick/simple fix in either case, and would be under warranty.
Old 09-22-20, 03:20 PM
Jagamov

Bikes: Specialized Roll Elite LTD, Sirrus X 5.0, Allez Elite

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Why did you return it? Like badger1 said, a BB fix is a super easy repair and for sure under warranty.
Old 09-22-20, 04:48 PM
Way2Slow

I made a purchase before with an immediate issue and turned out to be a can of worms. So I made myself a promise, if there was something wrong immediately exchange or return it. In this case, couldn't exchange so I returned it.
Old 09-22-20, 05:23 PM
timgriffin2

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Sirrus 3.0

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 32 Posts
I made a purchase before with an immediate issue and turned out to be a can of worms. So I made myself a promise, if there was something wrong immediately exchange or return it. In this case, couldn't exchange so I returned it.
I had the same issue with the Sirrus 3.0 I purchased recently. I brought it back and they tightened the BB so it sounds like a common problem. The bike mechanic told me that they've "been seeing this lately" so I guess that Specialized isn't doing very good quality control. Since they'd "been seeing this lately" I would hope that the shop would know to check for the problem and correct it before sending us home with them - only having to return 2 days later.
I'm enjoying the bike now and the BB seems to be holding tight after almost 400 miles. The only complaint at this point is that the shifting is noisy and clunky at times and I don't care for the front shifter micro adjustment feature where a small click supposedly moves the front derailleur a tiny bit to stop the chain noise. It doesn't always work as advertised - causing accidental shifting at times.
Old 09-22-20, 07:21 PM
Mojo31
-------

Go get it back! That’s an easy fix. I can walk you thru it in 5 minutes. Simple matter of tightening the crank bolt.

Last edited by Mojo31; 09-22-20 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-22-20, 07:24 PM
Mojo31
-------

Originally Posted by timgriffin2
I had the same issue with the Sirrus 3.0 I purchased recently. I brought it back and they tightened the BB so it sounds like a common problem. The bike mechanic told me that they've "been seeing this lately" so I guess that Specialized isn't doing very good quality control. Since they'd "been seeing this lately" I would hope that the shop would know to check for the problem and correct it before sending us home with them - only having to return 2 days later.
I'm enjoying the bike now and the BB seems to be holding tight after almost 400 miles. The only complaint at this point is that the shifting is noisy and clunky at times and I don't care for the front shifter micro adjustment feature where a small click supposedly moves the front derailleur a tiny bit to stop the chain noise. It doesn't always work as advertised - causing accidental shifting at times.
Haven't had that shifter problem on the 4.0. Micro shift works really well.
Old 09-22-20, 07:27 PM
Mojo31
-------

Just joined the chain waxing group. What’s next, my legs?
Old 09-22-20, 07:41 PM
Way2Slow

Just joined the chain waxing group. What’s next, my legs?
oh boy haha!
Old 09-23-20, 09:11 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Fair enough, and understandable, but still too bad.

Bicycles (human-powered ones) are essentially very simple machines. Bikes from the large-scale manufacturers such as Specialized sometimes just arrive on the shop floor with improperly-installed/adjusted components, or a defective component or two. A factory b/b issue is a common one; others are things like inadequately-greased headsets, loose crank bolts -- stuff like that. That's why all the good manufacturers offer at least a one-year warranty on such things, and why good shops will ensure that they are corrected, if they miss them during final assembly/checking on the shop floor.
Old 09-23-20, 09:53 AM
timgriffin2

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Sirrus 3.0

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 32 Posts
Haven't had that shifter problem on the 4.0. Micro shift works really well.
Good to hear. I'm guessing that mine needs an adjustment. I had to bring mine in the day after purchase because the front shifter stopped working and just flopped back and forth. They said that the cable came loose in the shifter assembly and they reconnected it. 2 days later I found the loose BB issue when trying to find the source of an annoying intermittent clicking noise and had to bring it back again (it's an hour each way so a pain). I'll ask them to check the shifting issues when I bring it in for the free checkup/tuning they give with new bikes and hopefully they get it running smoothly and quietly - like my Crosstrail Sport always was...
Old 09-23-20, 10:16 AM
Way2Slow

Talking

Originally Posted by badger1
Fair enough, and understandable, but still too bad.

Bicycles (human-powered ones) are essentially very simple machines. Bikes from the large-scale manufacturers such as Specialized sometimes just arrive on the shop floor with improperly-installed/adjusted components, or a defective component or two. A factory b/b issue is a common one; others are things like inadequately-greased headsets, loose crank bolts -- stuff like that. That's why all the good manufacturers offer at least a one-year warranty on such things, and why good shops will ensure that they are corrected, if they miss them during final assembly/checking on the shop floor.
It is but that's ok, I've got something else coming - just have to wait
Old 09-23-20, 10:27 AM
Way2Slow

Originally Posted by timgriffin2
Good to hear. I'm guessing that mine needs an adjustment. I had to bring mine in the day after purchase because the front shifter stopped working and just flopped back and forth. They said that the cable came loose in the shifter assembly and they reconnected it. 2 days later I found the loose BB issue when trying to find the source of an annoying intermittent clicking noise and had to bring it back again (it's an hour each way so a pain). I'll ask them to check the shifting issues when I bring it in for the free checkup/tuning they give with new bikes and hopefully they get it running smoothly and quietly - like my Crosstrail Sport always was...
Exactly what I was trying to avoid, hopefully the next bike I get doesn't have any issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.