Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Smart Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-20, 02:23 AM
thebluetitan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smart Helmets

One week ago I took a fall from my bike, I ended up with an open fracture of the clavicle. I’ve since had surgery and had a titanium plate put in my shoulder. ! Fortunately my bike only suffer minor bruising. Needless to say now that I’m able to at least move around , I’ve inspected a few things and realised that even though at the time I thought I’d avoided hitting my head , my helmet did take some of the force and requires replacement.

it was a coros lynx, I purchased it due to the open ear bone conduction with the idea I could my wife could contact me while riding , however while it was suitable for music , I couldn’t always hear the voice while riding at pace.

I’ve read the coros safesound is better , but hoping to get peoples feedback on the bone conduction if this helmet , or if anyone had thoughts on a more suitable helmet , I have a budget of around $200-250 AUD.
Old 08-20-20, 09:06 AM
adamrice 
mosquito rancher

Bikes: Bob Jackson 853 Arrowhead; Felt VR30; Kinesis UK RTD; Hujsak tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 133 Posts
Perhaps consider separating the helmet from the audio and get a bone-conduction headset, such as Aftershokz.
Old 08-20-20, 11:48 AM
wingless

Bikes: 2011 Trek 1.2 + 2016 Trek 1.1 H2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

IMO, operating a bicycle on a roadway with vehicles should not include also listening to music.

Good luck w/ the recovery. Your body will now be an efficient barometer.
Likes For wingless:
Old 08-21-20, 12:28 AM
thebluetitan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wingless
Welcome to the forum.

IMO, operating a bicycle on a roadway with vehicles should not include also listening to music.

Good luck w/ the recovery. Your body will now be an efficient barometer.
No issues with that thought, but the reason for the Bone Induction is because it doesn't impact your ability to hear the sound around you(at least as much. Ive used proper ear buds before, and felt that was not safe, hence why i changed to the bone induction.