Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

US Orders from UK Based Sigma Sports?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-18, 09:02 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts

Anyone from the US order from UK based Sigma Sports?

https://www.sigmasports.com

Shipping times? Easy returns? Customer service?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-Tim-
Old 09-26-18, 11:49 AM
musicmaster

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I haven't ordered from Sigma, but have ordered a number of times from Merlin, Ribble and Chain Reaction. Shipping times vary - I've gotten orders within 4-5 days and some orders take just over 2 weeks. Some of it depends on US customs - I had an order held up at LAX passing customs for a week. As for returns -- don't plan on it unless the item is defective, in which case, I'm not sure how they'd handle it. Shipping to the UK for a return could be very expensive.

Overall, the price/value ratio keeps me coming back, especially for drivetrain components and tires/tubes.
Old 09-26-18, 10:19 PM
wipekitty
vespertine member

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 163 Posts
Also curious about Sigma Sports.

They claim 2 days for dispatch and 2 days for delivery to the US, which is pretty good. From what I can tell, they do not offer free shipping with minimum spend - so I'd have to want something pretty bad (or it would need to be a pretty great deal) to order from them rather than other UK retailers.
Old 09-27-18, 06:13 AM
crazyravr

Bikes: 1 for road & 1 for gravel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Not US but Canada here. Ordered number of times. Always pick the options where you prepay your taxes and duties and you get the total with your currency so that there are no surprises. Usually from order to when package is delivered 4 days. Never had to do a return. Highly recommend based on pricing and service.
Old 09-27-18, 02:40 PM
expatbrit

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (now an ex-bicycle), Trek X-Cal, Giant Defy 3

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by wipekitty
Also curious about Sigma Sports.

They claim 2 days for dispatch and 2 days for delivery to the US, which is pretty good. From what I can tell, they do not offer free shipping with minimum spend - so I'd have to want something pretty bad (or it would need to be a pretty great deal) to order from them rather than other UK retailers.
Well ... I am currently 2 minutes walk from their Hampton Wick shop at my Dad’s house. Good people, but not sure about the shipping
Old 09-29-18, 04:11 AM
cyclebycle13
Super WW

Bikes: A really light one and a really heavy one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyravr
Not US but Canada here. Ordered number of times. Always pick the options where you prepay your taxes and duties and you get the total with your currency so that there are no surprises. Usually from order to when package is delivered 4 days. Never had to do a return. Highly recommend based on pricing and service.
Don't have that issue in the US if it's under 800 usd. I've ordered from them 2 or 3 times and it is about 2-3 days from the time they ship to the time you receive it.