Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Dedicated Trainer FRONT Wheel

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Dedicated Trainer FRONT Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-20, 08:47 AM
oldwinger14

Bikes: 2022 Pinarello Paris Di2, 2016 Orbea Avant Ultegra mounted on a Wahoo Kickr Core

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 75 Posts
WhyFi, I did not realize that sealant consistency degraded over time. Thanks for this pointer and another great use for the injector. Approximately, how long does it take for the degradation, and I suppose the overall effectiveness, to take place?

I ran all of last season without adding/changing the sealant and had no flats. This year, I added 1.5oz to each tire in the Spring and haven’t had any flats either. Am I just very lucky?

Last edited by oldwinger14; 09-18-20 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 09-18-20, 08:48 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by jadocs
Yeah, this would alleviate that problem.
I found some 55mm MilKit valves on closeout, 25 bucks, no tax, no shipping, with NW Bicycle, a shop in WA, so I'm going to give 'em a whirl.
Old 09-18-20, 08:55 AM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by oldwinger14
I did not realize that sealant consistency degraded over time. Thanks for this pointer and another great use for the injector. Approximately, how long does it take for the degradation, and I suppose the overall effectiveness, to take place.
Depends? I've had some sealant look fresh and new after 5 or 6 months (more common with the front tire), but I've had dry or watery tires in as little as 5 weeks. Lots of variables like weather, mileage, road conditions (debris), etc. I've also had audible sloshing in my wheels only to flat and find out that the tire carcass was dry and that the sloshing was water ingress in the other rim chamber. So yeah, confirmation is good.
Old 09-18-20, 09:00 AM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by oldwinger14
I ran all of last season without adding/changing the sealant and had no flats. This year, I added 1.5oz to each tire in the Spring and haven’t had any flats either. Am I just very lucky?
Lucky? Maybe. So many variables with flats. Some people run tubes and don't get flats for years at a time, something that I could never pull off.
Old 09-18-20, 09:01 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I found some 55mm MilKit valves on closeout, 25 bucks, no tax, no shipping, with NW Bicycle, a shop in WA, so I'm going to give 'em a whirl.
Nice, let me know how you make out with them!
Likes For jadocs: