Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Mavic MA40 vs Araya 700c

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Mavic MA40 vs Araya 700c

Old 08-11-20, 08:36 PM
runninupthathil

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Mavic MA40 vs Araya 700c

Hey y'all

Long story short my rear wheel got stolen off my bike in the bike room of my apartment complex last night. I'm super disappointed, and trying to figure out my options. I got this Mavic set (with Shimano RX100 hubs) off of an old Miyata I had a few years ago. I didn't realize they were kind of well regarded as older rims. Would it make sense to buy MA40 back wheel off of eBay?

I also saw these Araya 700c rims with Suntour Cyclone hubs in my area for $70. Would I be doing myself a disservice by getting those instead of a replacement MA40? I'm more of a weekend/just for fun rider and guess I could sell my front MA40 on eBay.

Any input would be appreciated. Trying to make the best of a really lame situation. Thanks !
Old 08-12-20, 05:01 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by runninupthathil
Hey y'all

Long story short my rear wheel got stolen off my bike in the bike room of my apartment complex last night. I'm super disappointed, and trying to figure out my options. I got this Mavic set (with Shimano RX100 hubs) off of an old Miyata I had a few years ago. I didn't realize they were kind of well regarded as older rims. Would it make sense to buy MA40 back wheel off of eBay?

I also saw these Araya 700c rims with Suntour Cyclone hubs in my area for $70. Would I be doing myself a disservice by getting those instead of a replacement MA40? I'm more of a weekend/just for fun rider and guess I could sell my front MA40 on eBay.

Any input would be appreciated. Trying to make the best of a really lame situation. Thanks !
Sounds like a question for the C & V forum. You will get the answers you seek there. Have a mod move your thread there.
Likes For seypat: