Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Curiosity Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-20, 08:18 AM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Curiosity Question

Why is this forum a sub-section of Road Cycling? The two have virtually nothing to do with each other.
Old 10-16-20, 11:44 AM
Dfreeman617 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Amen. I only follow this sub-forum for the half the year that I don't ride much and I have trouble finding it. While any day that I can ride outside is a better day, Kickr and Zwift have been invaluable to maintaining fitness in the winter months.

This should be it's own forum - it would certainly generate more traffic if it were.
Old 10-16-20, 01:08 PM
dmanthree

Exactly. Indoor cycling, Zwift, in particular, is hot right now and more visibility would help. How to get this moved to a top-level location?
Old 10-17-20, 09:35 AM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
Yes it should be it’s own forum.
Old 10-19-20, 11:16 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
I thought it should be its own forum, but I was outvoted
Old 10-20-20, 10:22 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10955 Post(s)
Liked 7,483 Times in 4,185 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
I thought it should be its own forum, but I was outvoted
The Rec and Family forum hasnt had a new thread in over a month and a half and only 8 threads have had a post in that time, yet Indoor spin/cycling doesnt have its own forum even though it is HUGE across the internet right now.

What reasoning could there be for not making this its own forum? Also, given some of who I assume voted, Im not surprised with the outcome.
Old 10-20-20, 12:24 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

the majority of the staff decided that road riders were more interested in indoor cycling than other riders. I agree that there are a lot of indoor riders and there are a number of top level forums that get no traffic.

OTOH, I'm not sure bikeforums is ready for an influx of indoor riders and becoming the center of the indoor cycling universe
Old 10-23-20, 04:34 PM
billridesbikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 418 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by dmanthree
Why is this forum a sub-section of Road Cycling? The two have virtually nothing to do with each other.
I disagree. Most roadies only use their outdoor bike like they’re inside on Zwift. They do outdoor Strava segments, made up outdoor workouts, and outside races, all in a poor effort to recreate their indoor experience. Only the excuses change between indoors and outdoors. Example given: “So many weight dopers online, I only finished 35th out of 37”. (Indoors) versus “Went too hard on my training plan this week and didn’t have the legs today, got dropped and only finished 35th out of 37.” (Outdoors) haha
Old 10-24-20, 10:42 AM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by billridesbikes
I disagree. Most roadies only use their outdoor bike like they’re inside on Zwift. They do outdoor Strava segments, made up outdoor workouts, and outside races, all in a poor effort to recreate their indoor experience. Only the excuses change between indoors and outdoors. Example given: “So many weight dopers online, I only finished 35th out of 37”. (Indoors) versus “Went too hard on my training plan this week and didn’t have the legs today, got dropped and only finished 35th out of 37.” (Outdoors) haha
Until you need to steer, brake, balance, and deal with real life road conditions, then Zwift is no more like real riding than a Nordic Track is to real cross country skiing. Well, for me, anyway. All that segment-chasing nonsense is just that. And yes, it's really, really easy to cheat on Zwift. A bit harder during a real race.
Old 10-24-20, 11:42 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Zwift is a lot closer to road riding than erg mode intervals, that's for sure.

I'm shopping my 5dof cycling simulator with RealCrash technology and not seeing a lot of interest among trainer manufacturers. My genius will be recognized eventually, but now is not the time.